Nova Horse, and Themed Mounts

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Spritley Jack, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Mount turkey... the turkey that refused thanksgiving! also the Floran looks completely badass on that ant thing

Spritley Jack likes this.
  2. Spritley Jack

Spritley Jack Big Damn Hero

*CHOMP* Yes, very yummy!
    Birthday Cakay Eaten2.png

3. Mister Pixel

Mister Pixel Big Damn Hero

The rainbow horses and what-not worked in Terraria, so it should work just fine in Starbound, too.

4. Nyaix

Nyaix Space Hobo

Spritley Jack, you're soooo good at Pixel Art.. Also, i love the idea of Themed Mounts...

5. Spritley Jack

Thank you! It came to as a thought, "What are cowboys without horses?", and that when I came up with them.

6. Xelot

Xelot Phantasmal Quasar

All the mounts are very good, but this one is pure love.

7. petethepug

petethepug Space Penguin Leader

This is actually a great idea!
    I would actually love having themed horses for all classes/kits (etc), Races I think? Whatever : 3.
    But it does sound really cool,

8. Gav Featherbeak

Gav Featherbeak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am late to this party but why not have some kind of lizard for the avians? Or maybe a giant bunny, seeing as bunnies are pretty crucial to their lore.

9. Spritley Jack

Sure, i can make a giant bunny! I can even have an Avian riding on it!

10. Spritley Jack

But First, A Novakid Western!
    Nova Western2.png

11. Gav Featherbeak

I really love your art, man

12. Spritley Jack

Here is a stand off with a bunny, and a pic of me!
    Stand off2.png

Jack2.png

13. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I can totally mod that outfit in for you.

Gimme like...5 minutes.

14. Gav Featherbeak

Spritley Jack, aka pixel artist supreme [​IMG]

Can any good modders get this in game using the current hoverbike coding? All we'd need is the sprites (I think) and the game will take care of most of it.

15. Spritley Jack

Thank you! I'm glad you all like my work!

Relten likes this.
  16. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I can mod these in, I am just going to need jack for creating the sprite sheets though.

17. Spritley Jack

Sure! I can do that. I'll work on that on my spare time, though I may need some examples of a Starbound sprite sheet for it.
    P.S. Here is my character without the background.
    Jack3.png

Gav Featherbeak and Relten like this.
  18. ShinigamiX

ShinigamiX Big Damn Hero

I've mentioned before things that don't quite fit as mounts such as the Avians riding on birds. But the fact still remains that the avians wouldn't ride on bunnies if they worship them.

Who in their right mind would thing that anyone would use a god as a mount? that would be one of the most blasphemous things possible for whatever religion you believe in.

On another note, while Florans riding on giant insects seems like it fits really well. I can't help but think the thought towards that is too simple and that they should have something a little different. Florans are a plant/animal hybrid species aren't they? or else they're just plants Surely we could have some plant/animal hybrid species or plant 'themed' mount for them as another option? Not too sure on what it'd look like but the possibility remains.

19. Superfast103

Superfast103 Subatomic Cosmonaut

It would be cool if the horses spawned in the wild, and then if you captured them in a capture pod you would be able to ride them. This could be for a bunch of other pre-generated creatures, like adult poptops. It would add even more to the pet system that has been completely revamped in the nightly.
    I also had another cool thought. Novakid are made of gas, right? Gas can take on any shape it wants, so what if Novakid were shapeshifters? It would be so cool if you could turn into one of those horses. I know CF would never do this, because of balancing, but maybe they could add a creature that is like the novakid but shapeshifts? I dunno.
    Great pixel art, btw!

20. Spritley Jack

Here is a pic of the Novakid riding off into the sunset.
    Sunset Gallore2.png

MrToni300, Relten and Superfast103 like this.