1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Nostalgic Greenery 1.3-1.02

Everything that's lush, and a little occult stuff too >.>

1. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

Charlatan submitted a mod:

Nostalgic Greenery - Everything That's lush! Some Occult stuff too.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Can't wait to try this when I get home after work. Been looking for a mod to add grass, but this mod does even more than that!

I especially love the Multi-tool idea, that's awesome. I'll look forward to making a nice little garden area, near my FU lab to spruce things up a bit.

Charlatan likes this.
  3. Charlatan

Let me know if anything is out of order, once you do! I'm kinda new to pixelart and LUA, I'll patch things up ASAP if something's broken.
    Steam Workshop version will follow up in a few minutes, too.

PS: The grass blocks might need a little getting used to - they look better when the layer they form is more than 1 block thick :nurucool:

4. Charlatan

Charlatan updated Nostalgic Greenery with a new update entry:

0.999 BETA

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. Charlatan

Fixed: Cooling Boxes

6. argh113

argh113 Void-Bound Voyager

Since I could not figure out how to reply to your review response I'll try to clear things up here. The word best describing what I wanted to say is sideways. So I can "connect" two different levels of water via a waterfall

Charlatan likes this.
  7. Charlatan

Very good, that was planned from the start, in fact I am artworking on that right now.

8. Charlatan

9. Charlatan

Just an early WIP test => did you mean something like this?
    Gotta find a solution for the "transition" block between water and waterfall.
    An animated block with splashing water, or water churning over a rock would be doable - but a flawed solution.

[​IMG]

10. argh113

argh113 Void-Bound Voyager

Yes that's what I was thinking about. The transition block seems challenging. It kinda has to full hight to block the water but not look weird.

Charlatan likes this.
  11. Charlatan

Mhm.

I just finished the waterfalls, 7 sizes just like the rest.

The transition block will have to wait - gotta think how to tackle that one.

12. Charlatan

13. Charlatan

[Minor FIx]

14. Charlatan

15. Charlatan

16. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

Here is a medal for beating frackin universe in fastest upload consistency ever

Charlatan likes this.
  17. Charlatan

Hah, are the Alerts starting to become a nuisance ? :lickitung:

18. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

No its just hilarious, keep up the good work

Charlatan likes this.
  19. Charlatan

20. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Oh so you want the waterfall to "transport" the water too? Interesting idea.
    Scan for actual water on one side to determine if it should be active,
    scan for tiles 1 block below in a line on the other side until you find a break,
    scan downward until you find a tile,
    At a slow rate, destroy liquid at the source and spawn them right above the tile collision You COULD have a delay between destruction and spawning if you wanted bonus points. And you could after finding the tile, look to see how high liquids may be present and adjust the spawn point, but that's probably not even necessary but then again looking at that picture, that's what you'd be doing for the splash so you might as well spawn there too.

All the while, the waterfall animation is active. It can turn off once you have no water to the side.
    And I'm guessing you're spawning particles at the appropriate spaces so that you can have a variable dimension waterfall. Well I could look instead of guessing... but what's the fun in that?!

So you leave plumbing (getting more water to the waterfall) up to the user. That would work well with my simple pipe mod that makes vanilla pipes invisible to water.

Alternative to looking for tiles, you might want to look for collisions. In particular liquid collisions
    world.pointCollision would return if you have a collision of whatever type at a location. That way platforms etc(or my modified pipes) don't interfere. So platforms running under waterfall... yeah sweet.

And for more bonus points, those particles could inflict the wet status. So those waterfalls could act very natural and be quite immersive. That's all quite doable, but I understand if you don't want to bother.

Charlatan likes this.