1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Nonrepeatable Mac crash

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by Madame Hardy, Feb 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Madame Hardy

Madame Hardy Big Damn Hero

I'm getting crashes near the end of the Stardew day, in no specific situation or action. I keep losing a day's work without being able to identify what is happening. I thought I'd attach my crash log just in case.

What happens: Silent (no message) crash to desktop.
    MacOS Sierra 10.2.3, MacbookPro Retina 13-Inch Early 2015 (God, Mac hardware names suck.)
    Full-screen

Can you clarify: "You can find this by right-clicking "Stardew Valley [mac_linux_test]" in your Steam library clicking properties." Where exactly are my Steam library clicking properties? If I look at my Steam landing page for Stardew Valley, all I see is a Play button, and I can't right-click anywhere to find properties.

Can you edit the bugs post to give the correct MacOs pathname for error logs? The pathname given doesn't exist. Logs are probably somewhere in

/Users/[name]/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents
    but I can't find anything there.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

I don't think the buildID shows up in Steam anymore; at least it doesn't on Linux.

In that left-hand panel is where you right-click Stardew Valley for its options.
      fdffdsfdsfs.png

Alternatively, you can launch the game. Then on the Title menu, down in the bottom right-hand corner; click on the "?" mark.
      It should bring up an overlay with info; the game version is on the opposite side. Bottom, left-hand corner; it should say what yours is.

If you can't find the error logs in the normal area; try the one mentioned for Linux:
      /Users/[name]/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs

Just note that, the ".config" folder is hidden by default.