1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

No substitute for stupid

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by deeminllama, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeminllama

deeminllama Void-Bound Voyager

So...yesterday night I am once again staring at the pictures of Starbound on the Media page. In particular the one with the logbook open on the Krabmikaze (http://playstarbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/krabmikaze1.png). I am really staring. Trying to take in as much detail as I can. Looking at everything closely. Wondering if the tentacles at the bottom right are just a fossil or a live monster.

After about 5 minutes of this...I click on the X at the top right corner of the logbook...to close it.

Of course it doesn't.

The picture only zooms in.

My first thought is: "What the...? Why did it not close? I did not press a zoom button".

My second thought half a second later is: "Stupid...stupid...stupid..."

2. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

I lol'd, thanks for that. :3

3. Techgamer

Techgamer Big Damn Hero

I do that a lot. :unsure:

:rofl:

4. MrAwesome

MrAwesome Star Wrangler

just lol.
    Never happened to me, but thank you for making me laugh.

5. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

When I first got my iPod I was so hyped, Id use it all the time.
    Days later, I picked up a old book to read and kill some time before some appointment.
    The letters were quite small and hard to read so I tried to zoom it twice making that finger motion until I realized I was rubbing my fingers at a paper book like a retard, while my dad stared at me wondering what I was doing.

Techgamer likes this.
  6. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

C:
    I remember one day of trying to do a front flip, then I realized that I wasn't Jackie Chan D:
    ~ John

7. T-Bone Biggins

T-Bone Biggins Phantasmal Quasar

What's dumber, I just clicked the link before reading the post and did the same thing. This happens when people get used to an intuitive interface and it just occurs naturally.

8. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

One time a kid I knew at my school was talking about going to a friend of mines house, I told him not to grief his place.
    Derp.

9. Tiger

Tiger Phantasmal Quasar

I did that too...then my brother walked in and asked me: "What are you doing...?"
    "Uhh...Staring at the krabmikaze, of course!"
    Just pretend like nothing ever happened...

10. xXSunSlayerXx

xXSunSlayerXx Cosmic Narwhal

you should have pressed "L" instead.

11. Kelp

Kelp Big Damn Hero

I think all of us can relate to that, I've been known to do that one or two five or six occasions too!

12. TheHolyWombat

TheHolyWombat Subatomic Cosmonaut

ha... did almost the same thing when i put the lighting demo on fullscreen and hd resolution :p

13. Hostail

Hostail Pangalactic Porcupine

I remember when my friend trolled with me, he took a screenshot of my desktop and put that picture in fullscreen mode so it looked like it was the real desktop, I tried to take up the start menu for 10 minutes before restarting the computer, by then my friend was laughing his ass off.... so yeah we all are pretty stupid x) in a good way ofc.

Lazor Llama, Techgamer and Kelp like this.
  14. Kelp

Kelp Big Damn Hero

We used to prank all the school computers by doing that. Your friend is awesome.

I think the worst one I've done was leaving the computer, coming back and trying to play a game on an image o_O. Took me a while to figure out why it wasn't working.

Techgamer and Hostail like this.
  15. StarMetal25

StarMetal25 Phantasmal Quasar

Stuff like this doesn't happen to me because, no offense, because my brain functions normally :laugh:. Again, no offense to anyone, of course your brains function normally.

16. TheHolyWombat

TheHolyWombat Subatomic Cosmonaut

maybe your just a tad bit more observant then us :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.