RP No Man's Land- Chapter 2: Off the Rails (On Hiatus)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Roland Weiss, Jan 17, 2017.

1. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

He wraps an arm around your shoulder and pulls you away from it gently, "Don't let it hang over you, keep looking forward..."

Arra likes this.
  2. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

Alistair orders his men to stay at the entrance of the car, afterwards he heads deeper into car, towards the two individuals.

3. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

It's quite the mess in here; with the upended boxes and scattered parts. A bit of an allegory for the present situation. A couple of the mercs look you over as you step in, before returning to what they're doing to prepare for the next attack.
    With something like this, adding more coils and cranking up the voltage always works. Of course, this will lead to a need for more ancillary systems to cope with the increased load. You'll have to beef up the capacitors, strengthen the frame, thicken the wires... among other things.
    Someone seems to be taking interest in your work as he walks closer.
    He looks surprisingly peaceful in spite of all the abuse.
    One of your 'men' shrugs when you tell them to stay put. As you walk closer, you get a better look at what they're working on; at first glance it looks like a mess of copper coils and wiring. A better look shows that it might have a barrel. One of the two sees you, and calls out to you. "Oh, hi. Can I help you?"

Dragonclaw and Arra like this.
  4. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Jade checks his pockets for anything, if he has a bag with him she checks it too
    " Okay. Riling through a dead mans pockets....Not the worst I've done...."

Maxwell keeps working, making it to where it can cope with it being beefed up
    " Who's that Rook? "

5. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

This reminded Aden a bit of that old show... what was it... MacGyver.
    "Anything I can do to help?"

6. HunterC1998

"There isn't much choice in this matter, we most likely got a lot of trouble coming..He said they wanted what was on the train, that means they'll come collecting...Anyone know where we could find some equipment and ammo? I could use a couple extra shotpistol rounds.."

Arra likes this.
  7. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

she nods, heading with the group.
    -------------
    she keeps the axe, but looks for any notes or orders or anything similar.

8. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

You find what looks like a wallet, keys, a pack of cigarettes... oh, and his radio.
    ---
    The more you add, the more kludged the unit looks. Hopefully you weren't concerned about aesthetics.
    "Looks like we've got a bit of an audience."
    "I dunno! Do you have any expertise in the field of electromagnetically assisted ballistics?"
    "Don't you mean shotshells? They're practically ubiquitous." He points to one of the raiders, who's wearing a bandolier. "As for trouble, we should be worried sure, every vulture within a hundred kilometres will be hunting for this place once the news gets out. These guys might try again, but that's doubtful; too much competition." He heads out the door.
    The one-armed man is heading for the door, ready to brave the storm that's been building.
    ---
    You don't find any paper, though you do find a radio.

Dragonclaw likes this.
  9. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Jade sets the radio, looking at the wallet with an aside glance....she doesn't even want to open it. She doesn't want to know if he has a family or not...

Aesthetics? Pffffft. Maxwell keeps working, smiling as he does
    " No wonder.....They wanna see the awesome stuff we're building..."

10. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

She follows after him...
    "Hey Amira, I suggest you come with us."
    -------
    Amira clicks on the radio, listening as she follows after them.

11. HunterC1998

"I don't care for the lingo, just the outcome..If we got swarms coming in, is it worth defending this stuff?"He walks over to the soldier and checks over the kinds of shells he has.

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

"I don't have any expertise, but I know a few things. You making a coilgun or railgun? I have some batteries if you need it."

13. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

There's quite a bit of static when you turn on the radio.
    ---
    In a futile attempt to manage some of the cables, Rook starts zip-tying them into bundles. "Or they're watching a explosion waiting to happen."
    "Damn, it's really picking up. Alright, no time to lose!" He starts making his way towards the front of the train, his hand holding onto his hat.
    ---
    Just turning on the radio results in static.
    Soldier? There's no soldiers here, you must be talking about the raider. Looking in the mouth of the shell, you see that they're sabotted.
    She hefts a large power cell, the type used by the large cargo exos, onto the 'workbench'. "Nah, I think we have it covered. Besides, I don't think the cells you have'll be able to take the load."

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Dragonclaw likes this.
  14. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Jade just waits and listens. She glances around, humming lightly

Maxwell helps her, shrugging it off. He's survived a fire or two. Although, he did start them.

15. HunterC1998

((okay words don't comply with me at times... It'll be a common thing...))

He grabs as many as he can and pockets them, ammo is ammo..

16. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

"I kinda expected that... plus I need it for my exosuit... You need anything that isn't over there already? Otherwise I'm just going to sit around."

17. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Still static. No one seems to be chatting on this channel. Also, the trio who joined you are already making their exit.
    ---
    A few more cable ties and the unit looks a little more organized. "Alright, one magnetic linear accelerator. Now we just need something to accelerate."
    It might be just easier to grab the whole bandolier. At any rate, you have 15 of these shells.
    "Uh, you're a soldier right? Maybe we could use your input on how this thing might function as a rifle."

Dragonclaw likes this.
  18. HunterC1998

Whole bandolier it is then..He takes his time to fit it on himself well then goes to check on Jade.

19. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Jade turns it off, pocketing it

Maxwell looks around for a slug, maybe...a rail spike?

20. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

"You can indeed, if that thing goes boom and makes people die"

He walks closer, inspecting the machine carefully.