RP No Man's Land- Chapter 2: Off the Rails (On Hiatus)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Roland Weiss, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

He has four gut wounds; caused by small calibre bullets. He has no doubt already lost a lot of blood.
    The wounds are plural, as he has four of them. Looks like he was clipped in the gut with a burst from one of the guard's sub machine guns.
    ---
    You find quite the assortment of parts for use in building the maglev rail. lengths of structural metal, electromagnetic coils, plenty of wiring...
    You also see lights in the distance, they're on the far side of the ravine, and are moving at quite a decent clip; though not towards you, as far as you can tell.
    "Right, good luck with that; I'm going to try to radio our destination, maybe call in some backup." The one armed man heads for the front of the train, towards the command car.
    Your destination on the other hand, is rearward, you see a couple people standing just outside of the car in question.

-------------
    @Jareix Cryvix
    "Hey, are you coming with?"

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  2. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

"Oh boy.." He gets down to his knees and uses both sounds to tear scraps of his clothing to try and have the injuries.

3. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" Holy...Hell! We need a medic! Anyone! "
    Jade's never been good with medical stuff...she kinda...freaks out for lack of a better word...she looks around, looking for someone who could help

" Well...I could make a...maglev rabbit....."
    He tries to picture it in his head, a small frame with maglevs on the side, forcing down two blunt spikes, while the electromagnetic field also pulls them back....

HunterC1998 likes this.
  4. HunterC1998

"Hey, calm down, it's good, go find one, I'll keep him ticking, if you aren't back in three I'm coming for you.."

Arra likes this.
  5. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Jade nods, running off to find a medic, a doctor, anyone!
    " Hey! I need a medic! I need a medic! "

HunterC1998 likes this.
  6. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

"Yeah, we're coming!"
    They both follow, Amira casually enjoying the limb as she goes on.

7. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

Alistair walks up to the people standing outside the car.

8. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

((I assume you meant 'uses both hands' and 'try to save the injuries'?))
    Without antiseptic, binding wounds with potentially dirty cloth might make things worse.
    You see a couple people passing by just outside the car.
    ---
    "... A what?"
    Keep in mind that 'maglev' stands for magnetic levitation, and refers to how the train travels along the track. If you want to weaponize this hardware, a coilgun is the better option.
    As you and the one-armed man walk past one of the cars towards the command car, suddenly someone runs out, calling for a medic.
    You see the large robot, someone standing on top of one of the cars, among others.
    "Well hello! Do any of you need medical attention?"

Arra likes this.
  9. HunterC1998

((I wish to nominate autocorrect for 'Make a Stupid' of the year award..))

He looks for a sanitary way to at least staunch the blood flow.

10. Jareix Cryvix

Rubio doesn't hesitate to run over and try and help.
    ----
    Amira continues following, idling thinking about how much stuff they could make from scrapping the whole train.

11. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Jade sighs happily, leading whoever over to the raider

(( Well, couldn't one make it to where a maglev attracts instead of repels? ))

" Or...we could make a super awesome coilgun or possibly a railgun...."

12. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Applying pressure on the wound usually helps.
    You are lead to the body of a raider. he's unconscious, and look very pale. You see several bullet wounds, and plenty of blood.
    ---
    You are looking at several hundred tons of metal; though what you lack is the means to tear it apart and do anything with the scrap.
    The three you end up attracting are a shorty with the medical bag, a one-armed man carrying a rifle, and a woman who's snacking on a human arm?
    ---
    ((Yeah, that's called a coilgun. maglevs always repel, otherwise you end up with an embarrassing moment when your train sticks to the track.))
    "Oh, okay. That'll be a bit of an involved project, we might need some tools..." Rook starts kicking open some more boxes, rooting through them.

Arra likes this.
  13. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

"No, we've come to salvage anything of use and find heavier weapons. I assumed the cargo car would be the place to look"

Edit: ((I just remembered, I have one of the raider's radios....))

14. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Maxwell helps Rook, actually smiling as he does....

Jade is a little surprised at the arm.....She just motions them to the raider
    " Multiple wounds, some perforated organs...i-i think......"

15. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

"Hey, it looks like there's something on the other side of that ravine. It isn't moving towards us though."

16. HunterC1998

Lance puts pressure on the worst sounds and waits.

17. Jareix Cryvix

Rubio gets to work, tending his injuries to the best of her abilities.
    "He'll be good to gather info on you reckon?
    -----
    Without a concept of ownership, she thought of it as hers to perhaps offer to one of those camps they've met. They often have the means to scrap and use it, often willing to repay with something shiny.

18. HunterC1998

"Jade is making that decision..."

19. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"I'm sure you'll find something of use. Rook and Max are already rooting through to try to jury-rig something, so they might've already found what you're looking for."
    Both you and Rook manage to source some tools, welding torch, soldering iron, impact driver, etc. "Alright, that's a start. I would kill for a proper machine shop, especially a lathe; but we can't have everything."
    ---
    "Hm, are these your bullets?"
    "Keep an eye on it, I guess; they're probably stumbling through the storm as much as we are."
    The medic takes over from you.
    It doesn't look good at all; he's lost too much blood. You can try to bandage up the wounds, but without a blood transfusion, it probably won't be enough.
    ---
    Claiming something without a concept of ownership? Seems contradictory, to be honest. There are more dead bodies around this car, just sitting around.

Dragonclaw likes this.
  20. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" Same here.... So...What'ya wanna make? We could scrounge up a fair amount of stuff...Any ideas? "
    Maxwell picks up an impact driver, looking it over

" Erh..Maybe...I don't know....I..I...We just need a captive...."