RP No Man's Land- Chapter 2: Off the Rails (On Hiatus)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Roland Weiss, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

It's become increasingly difficult to not slide towards the side of the train. You might want to hold onto something.
    ---
    Right on cue, the train shifts again; you nearly lose your footing. "It's something you should be doing too!"
    It's less of a rumble and more of the sound of metal being wrenched and bent. Then the screeching starts.
    You have a hard time aiming at anything as the train continues to shift to the side; your feet slip as a result.
    You have to slow your pace as the floor tilts under your feet. One would say things were chaotic, if that wasn't previously this case; though this is less 'brawl' and more 'panic'.
    You no longer see the tracks, of at least, they're no longer alongside the train. You do see the taut cables, and the ground seems to be getting closer...
    ---
    Before you can get out of the suit, the floor shifts again under your feet; the groan sounding more like a metallic screech. "I meant 'end of the line' for us! You know, the train thing?"

Dragonclaw likes this.
  2. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Jade wrenches herself to the side, looking to plant herself against Lance, grab onto him and something stable
    ----------------
    Maxwell just clings. To anything he clings. He curses at himself. He should've just taken that cartography job to Treaich. That would've been so much better.
    " W- Ah crap! Are they tipping the train? "

3. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

He tucks his cane under his gun-handling arm and slips into a booth opposite the leaning side, grabbing onto the closest anchored object. "Oh please don't tip."

4. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

"Rubio, I think we've a problem..."
    She tries to think of some way to deal with this problem.
    ----------
    She thinks better of getting out, regaining her footing and grabbing their bags.
    "I think we'll have to brace for impact and pray for mercy this time... I don't see how we can get these cables cut in time..."

5. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

He tries to get somewhere where he would be away from the side that would hit the ground.

6. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Lance goes with Jade and tries to see if they can buckle into a pair of seats.

7. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

You've got these nice vertical bars that keep the seat benches in place; you know what to do.
    ---
    ((Treaich? Sorry, wrong setting. Does not exist!))
    "The term is 'derail'! And yes, yes they are! Brace, brace, BRACE!" You see the hand of her suit almost crush the bar she's holding onto as it 'locks on'.
    A little late to be asking that. You grab ahold of a vertical bar.
    Not getting caught underneath the derailing train is a good plan. It might even be an idea to hand onto Rubio's suit, the thing's mitts will have no trouble hanging onto something.
    ---
    The several hundred tons of unfeeling metal train are unresponsive to your prayers; bracing might be your better option.
    You climb your way to the opposite side, having to hold onto a support bar to keep yourself from slipping further.
    What do you think this is, a plane? It's a train, so someone skimped on the seatbelts; best to hold on tight.

-----
    @Everyone
    "Brace, brace, BRACE!" are the words that echo through the cars as the metal on metal screech terminates with a loud metallic 'snap'. There's a brief moment of weightlessness as the train leaves the track.

Jareix Cryvix and Dragonclaw like this.
  8. HunterC1998

Lance just grabs onto the vertical bar and holds Jade as he braces.

9. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Since Aden couldn't think of some good last words, he just says this.
    "I knew this was going to be a good ideAAAAAAAAAH!"

10. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Jade holds onto Lance as she holds onto the bar as well. Cursing under her breath
    ------------
    Maxwell hangs on for dear life, bracing himself

11. Jareix Cryvix

They both brace for impact, Amira holding on to the rear facing booth in the hopes it could cushion the blow, Rubio bracing herself on the front wall of the car.

12. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

@Everyone
    The train slams into the ground next to the track, decelerating suddenly. Inertia carries anything not nailed down forwards of the train.

You are jerked forward, causing a lot of strain on the arm you're using to anchor yourself.
    I guess every good tragedy needs lasts words; but it's too early for that. Luckily, your light exoskeleton takes some of the strain; though you feel pain from the bruise on your wrist.
    Your grip slips slightly as you're jerked forward by inertia. Your rifle isn't helping, as its mass also adds to the force pulling you forward.
    ---
    Though you have no trouble holding on, the extra weight of the exosuit is too much for the bar you're using to anchor yourself; it makes a worrying creak that's somehow audible over all the noise.
    You both get slammed into what you brace against; the exosuit's rollcage does take some of the impact for Rubio, and the seat cushions, well, cushion Amira. The impact still knocks the wind out of you though.

---
    Charpter 2: Off the Rails

@Everyone
    There's a few turbulent seconds as the train drags itself over the ground through inertia alone. The cars rip themselves apart from each other as the train as a whole folds up. The omnipresent dust of No Man's Land billows up in a massive cloud, engulfing the wreckage; it takes a few minutes to settle.

13. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Jade clings to her rifle and to Lance for dear life
    -------------
    Maxwell is worried about the creak...worried, as in he hops out of it the moment it's safe

HunterC1998 likes this.
  14. Jareix Cryvix

When they can, both get up and try to reorient themselves...

15. HunterC1998

Lance keeps his grip on the bar and Jade as he slowly tries to see what's happened to everything around them and if either are hurt.

16. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

If it's just a bruise, he will live.
    "Yes! I'm not dead!"
    He stands up/drops down.
    "Hey, is anyone else here? Anyone hurt?"

17. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

Tim attempts to get up.

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  18. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

Alistair groans on the floor...or wall...or whatever.

"Gah...blood...hell."

((I assume as he wasn't braced, he was thrown around a bit.))

He tries to move.

19. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

The train has stopped now, you should be safe for the moment.
    ---
    ((Just in case, the 'bar' I'm talking about is part of the train, not your suit))
    The bar you were holding onto is now somewhat bent out of place. Letting go, you drop down a couple feet, landing on what remains of the right side of the train.
    When your vision clears, you find yourself on the 'bottom' of the car, Rubio's suit having taken the brunt of the damage, and Amira landing on top.
    You're now hanging a couple feet off the ground, since the vertical bar is now horizontal; the car is now sitting on its side, after all. It feels like your arm has been stretched out, though to be fair, it kinda has.
    You drop down in this case; the car is even more of a mess than before. The surviving mercs are struggling to get up after being thrown around like ragdolls.
    "What do you think? Damn, could you fetch a medic? Assuming one's still alive that is."
    You took quite the battering; luckily you're not so fragile. You pull yourself to your feet, it seems you're not standing on ground rather than floor; it looks like you were flung out of the train.
    ((Your call, dood.))
    You landed on something soft... and warm. You feel something wet, and smell something metallic.

Dragonclaw and HunterC1998 like this.
  20. HunterC1998

@Arra

"Jade, we're hanging, I gotta drop ya, I think I roughed up my arm a bit..."