1. Hey Guest! We've announced our new game Wargroove, check out the new forums!
    Dismiss Notice

Modding Discussion [No longer Taking Requests] Making Custom Lightsabers for a Limited time

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Zanderfel, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Daldril

Daldril Subatomic Cosmonaut

it is these things that make your mod more lovable - especially the faucet sound - would have never known this!!!
    ok, maybe not that blaster sound, but hear this one: - Han Solo's blaster at about 0.42. But I will hold my peace. Weird enough that I never heard that myself, when playing J.A. back in the day!
    Looking forward seeing your next showcasing!

2. fluffyfloran

fluffyfloran Master Chief

Awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing it! :happylittletrees:

3. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Star Wrangler

here is what i got so far hilt gif_idle.gif hilt gif_open.gif

4. fluffyfloran

That looks rather interesting, I just have a quick question. When you upgrade it, is it possible to make the dragon a more prominent part of the design? (ie. make the dragon head bigger when upgraded) I love the animation btw, the opening of the mouth is extremely satisfying, it's also neat how the vines curl kind of when the mouth opens. Also, just curious which part were you having trouble with when it came to animation and such.

5. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Star Wrangler

yeah I'll figure something out that is unique for the upgrade like i did for imhereforthemods :)

as far as the trouble I'm having is putting this animation into the game the way I want it, the hilt and skull need to be seperate from each other to achieve what I want to do with the upgrade...

if you notice that skull came from the Dragonhead Pistol, I just modified it to work with this hilt

fluffyfloran likes this.
  6. fluffyfloran

Ok I understand, nice touch on using the dragon head from the pistol, that makes it easier on your part, plus, it looks cool. Do whatever you think will work best and I'm sure it will turn out good. If you can manage to add more petals on the upgrade that would be nice but if not, don't worry about it. :)

7. xaliber

xaliber Orbital Explorer

I just want to say, the way the dragon opens its mouth is just so satisfying. Looks very organic, as if it's living!

What's your plan on releasing all the lightsabers, @Zanderfel? Will it be a "Lightsaber Pack" weapon mod? I didn't request the Floran Saber and Avian Saber but they just look so good.

8. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Star Wrangler

I will release the finished lightsabers to each requester individually.... from there it is their decision to release them to anyone they please, I have already released the Avian sabers to imhereforthemods.

with that said... I will always keep the originals in case of file loss or something, that way I will always be able to redistribute as necessary.... or if I make a tweak here and there

now if a pack of sabers is something that is really wanted and the requesters are fine with this, then I will be ok with doing it that way instead.

9. xaliber

xaliber Orbital Explorer

I see. I, for one, would really love seeing a lightsaber pack. :)

Daldril likes this.
  10. Daldril

Daldril Subatomic Cosmonaut

totally with you - would be lovely to see a modpack with all the wonderful creations here!