Modding Discussion [No longer Taking Requests] Making Custom Lightsabers for a Limited time

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Zanderfel, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

easily done. do you want the white core in the blade with the green around or that solid color, and ill make it a tier 6 legendary.... hey if you got more ideas then lets hear them

THEKraken likes this.
  2. fluffyfloran

fluffyfloran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Lightsabers sound really cool, If possible I would like one floran style, if you want I can submit a drawing in a little bit. =)

3. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

yes please do submit a drawing if you can, itll be better this way because you designing your own saber, im just bringing it to fruition

4. fluffyfloran

Okay cool, I'll start drawing now.

5. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

I have laid the ground work for the single-bladed saber, patching the weapon in, damage values, animation values, scripting etc. now its time for the grunt work actually bringing your saber to life visually in Photoshop :)

my plan is to have it be a crafted Tier 2 weapon, then you will be able to upgrade it to Tier 4 and finally Tier 6.....and if I can...I want make it be able to be upgraded further in the ancient vaults
    I feel this way you can use it throughout the whole game if you wanted.

6. ImHereForTheMods

ImHereForTheMods Cosmic Narwhal

Heyo! Thank you so much for the update! Glad to hear it's coming together nicely! Sounds like a lot of work though... Thank you so much for doing this for me!

Sounds like a great idea! I like that concept, and being able to keep it throughout the game!
    When you get the chance, would love to see a pic of how it's looking! (if you want) . =)

Thanks again for the update!

7. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

no worries, i live for this kind of stuff.... as boredom does terrible things to my psyche

and for sure ill post updates as i complete them

ImHereForTheMods likes this.
  8. fluffyfloran

Howdy, I have completed a rough drawing of my lightsaber, it is pretty rough though since I am not very good at drawing imo. Also if possible when the "dragon" is awakened maybe the eye could blink of possible? =) Edit actually have the eye look around when it is awakened that would look really cool.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  9. beefjerkyzxz

beefjerkyzxz Void-Bound Voyager

could you make me a broad sword lightsabre from the Grandfather Clock found in Apex City Apartments? I want to whack people over the head with a grandfathers clock. And for the lightsabre part, you might notice a small circle at the top of the clock, if you could make that flip open to reveal the light beam, that would be neato!

10. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

wow what an epic idea for a saber...this is amazing and im definitely doing this!

11. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

interesting idea...ok so you want to hold the head of the clock or do you want the head of the clock stuck to a handle that can produce a energy beam!?

12. beefjerkyzxz

Like, I want literally to hold a full grandfathers clock, as in holding the base of it

13. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

lol ok ill see what i can do

14. beefjerkyzxz

off topic but.. you wouldn't happen to know how to make a pistol have a firing animation, Like, as in, You fire a revolver then the cylinder moves?

15. THEKraken

THEKraken Void-Bound Voyager

The solid color will be cool maybe if you can send me the sprite art of (That Lightsaber). I will draw the other ideas.

16. THEKraken

One more thing
    ancient vaults would be cool too!

17. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

i think you could sneak a frame or 2 of animation between fire and the recoil animation

18. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

when i get home i will Frankenstein a saber together so you can see what you are working with blade wise

THEKraken likes this.
  19. THEKraken

Thanks!
    My another one.

Attached Files:

20. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

yes i can have it fade back and forth as it idles if you want