RELEASED [No API required] Bigger Farm (Carpenter compatible)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by KingJoey, Mar 16, 2016.

1. FinalMantasyX

FinalMantasyX Big Damn Hero

Oh, I get it. The new maps exist on the same...uh...map...as the existing maps.

As in, your farm is on farm.map and the new farm cannot be on newfarm.map because we can't add maps, so it's slapped onto farm.map, too, and thus can cause problems.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

New maps can now be added, I'll be working soon to provide modders with information on how to do this.

• KingJoey

KingJoey Phantasmal Quasar

Yes exactly that.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Hi KingJoey, just wanted to let you know both versions of the Farm Expansion mod (Storm and SMAPI) are now compatible with your mod and any modifications you may make to the farm.

Previously the storm version may have broken your added warp points, but I haven't seen anyone have an issue yet.

KingJoey and Superior_s like this.
          • eternal_wait

eternal_wait Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think there is a problem with this mod, although I have built the barn in the extended farm, I am unable to purchase cows etc for it !

• Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

But then Farm buildings wouldn't be able to be built on those maps.

Grinco likes this.
              • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Ah, but you are only partially right. I was looking through the carpenter code earlier this morning and believe I can add the option to build farm buildings on other maps.

Superior_s likes this.
                • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

That's awesome.

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Ok, I take it I was not the only one that found the sudden map scroll ending as I tended crops walking to the east? I learned to deal with crops in a north south fashion because of this BS.

Happy for now with a single keg filled cave level AND mushrooms up top, will check this one one when it's a bit less experimental.

• Rubicant1982

Rubicant1982 Subatomic Cosmonaut

How in the world would you even have time to work that much land D:
                      Even with sprinklers it takes me all day to till, fertilize, and plant crops... and I think I am only doing about 300 plots :3

• Haebaragi

Haebaragi Weight of the Sky

I use the land to grow endless grass and trees for wood! It's my own personal forest!

No work required~

Never need for hay, wood, sap/syrups, OR if you're lucky mushrooms from giant mushroom trees <3

KingJoey and Rubicant1982 like this.
                        • Rubicant1982

Rubicant1982 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Trees was about the only thing I could think of when I saw it lol
                          Grass! that is a good idea too!

KingJoey likes this.
                          • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Orchid, Vineyard combo ftw.

KingJoey likes this.
                            • BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Well install the scythe to harvest mod and picking up those billions of berries helps but yeah, I feel your pain.... Cave of Kegs.png

Would need more cave levels or the promised storage shack if I planted any more with half the original farm.

I second Fruit Trees and Vineyards FTW!

KingJoey and Superior_s like this.
                              • joshieGaming

joshieGaming Void-Bound Voyager

kingjoey pls.Reply ASAP

how did you like scroll to the other farm location to build cuase im gonna make it as a gigantic farm setup pls tell me cause i dont know how to scroll it to there

• Haebaragi

Haebaragi Weight of the Sky

scroll ALLLLLLLLLL the way to the RIGHT.

The farm is hidden alllll the way back there.

• Bucketsmith

Bucketsmith Aquatic Astronaut

For some reason, I can't plant trees on this plot. It'll say it's out of season. It's spring.

Never you mind. I had used my hoe to mark every other tile so I could count the size of the plot real quick, and was trying to plant a tree on one of those tilled tiles. Whoops!

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Thiiiiiissss.

I decided to go farming for prismatic shards, brought 150 silver strawberries to keep health fine. Got to level 432 or so and because I wasn't paying attention, the one time I hadn't through hours of play, I died and lost 35 prismatic shards, 1 of 2 last pieces for the museum, a butt load of ores, diamonds and other gems .... I was so pissed.

I hate having to go down 200 plus levels to get to the good stuff, wasting my bombs on the mummies.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

that's in.sane. i've only gotten to 25, idk, no mods, i guess?

but seriously FUCK THE MUMMIES. i think they either get up to fast or at least they should be able to autodie via bombs after you down them once

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Yeah, I used a stop time mod. I was curious to see how far it goes down, but now I know that it's meant to be limitless but due to technical restraints it crashes at 2 million I think.

I think the mummies should die by bombs, even if you haven't cut them down. Simply because when you do cut them down, if a body is in the way you "miss" striking the other, wasting time trying to get them all down so you can bomb them, which allows the other little rascal to get back up and go after you. It's frustrating to say the least.

zyymurgy likes this.