RELEASED [No API required] Bigger Farm (Carpenter compatible)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by KingJoey, Mar 16, 2016.

1. KingJoey

KingJoey Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks for keeping an eye out! I noticed this late yesterday ( and ofcourse I know how it works, look what I put on the map already xD ) I'll be editing the map tonight for some minor fixes.

It doesn't work that well in my opinion though. It's a really unintuitive, unresponsive program but it works. It's a miracle someone had the patience to make all their maps with this.

It's called tIDE, you can find it on the interwebs.

I think I can do a cave for the second farm, I did try to add stuff to the map like logs, trees and bushes but I think they'll appear once the season changes. If anybody had this happen, please notify me that it actually works. I did it the same as it was on the original farm map but I have no idea if there's any code or anything controlling the wild growth. So on the harder to renovate and the unlocking, for now I'll wait with it untill I know more of log placement and such.

Edit: Forgot a dot >.<

• FinalMantasyX

FinalMantasyX Big Damn Hero

Where can I get more info on the map editor? I really want to replace the dirt all around the freaking map with grass. I'm currently doing this in-game with a custom grass path but when fall comes it's going to look ridiculous and require replacing the XNB every season.

• Pinkishu

Pinkishu Phantasmal Quasar

By googling :p http://tide.codeplex.com/

KingJoey likes this.
        • KingJoey

What dirt are you talking about?

• FinalMantasyX

The yellow dirt that is in splotches all over the town, sometimes as footpaths, sometimes just for the hell of it, and the dark dirt around Robin's farm, the graveyard, the massive dirt pile around pam's trailer and the trash, etc.

I'm not unfamiliar with modding and map editing and nonsense like that, but I've never heard of the program and would like to try it out. I specifically meant moreinformation re: using it with stardew valley...

KingJoey likes this.
            • keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

Reskinning that dirt would be much easier.

BoffoBoy and KingJoey like this.
              • KingJoey

I'm not totally sure about that dirt, but if I'm correct it uses different tilesets for different seasons, so as keyten said it would probably be easier to just resprite the corresponding tile for every season.

keyten likes this.
                • KingJoey

Totally missed your comment when I was answering the rest of the participants here, sorry! I do not really know if it loads in the maps in the .exe or anything so I'm afraid I can't really help you with that as of yet. I kinda dove in head first just like you. I haven't really tried adding seperate maps but my normal working method is just expanding existing maps, make a map on totally different coordinates of said expanded map, and then send some warp points there.

• keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

I know the answer. I know how everything works.
                    You see It is impossible to add new maps editing xnb files in any way even with editing save files. Loading of every map is hard coded. I am currently working on adding new maps using Storm Api.
                    Here is how map loading happens:

Code:
                        Map map = Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\FarmHouse");
                        map.LoadTileSheets(Game1.mapDisplayDevice);
                        Game1.currentLocation = new FarmHouse(map, "FarmHouse");
                        Game1.locations.Add(Game1.currentLocation);
                        Game1.locations.Add(new Farm(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Farm"), "Farm"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new FarmCave(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\FarmCave"), "FarmCave"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new Town(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Town"), "Town"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\JoshHouse"), "JoshHouse"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\George"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(16 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(22 * Game1.tileSize)), "JoshHouse", 0, "George", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\George")));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Evelyn"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(2 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(17 * Game1.tileSize)), "JoshHouse", 1, "Evelyn", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Evelyn")));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Alex"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(19 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(5 * Game1.tileSize)), "JoshHouse", 3, "Alex", true, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Alex")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\HaleyHouse"), "HaleyHouse"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Emily"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(16 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(5 * Game1.tileSize)), "HaleyHouse", 2, "Emily", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Emily")));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Haley"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(8 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(7 * Game1.tileSize)), "HaleyHouse", 1, "Haley", true, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Haley")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\SamHouse"), "SamHouse"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Jodi"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(4 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(5 * Game1.tileSize)), "SamHouse", 0, "Jodi", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Jodi")));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Sam"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(22 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(13 * Game1.tileSize)), "SamHouse", 1, "Sam", true, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Sam")));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Vincent"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(10 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(23 * Game1.tileSize)), "SamHouse", 2, "Vincent", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Vincent")));
                        if (Game1.year > 1)
                        {
                            Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Kent"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(8 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(13 * Game1.tileSize)), "SamHouse", 2, "Kent", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Kent")));
                        }
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Blacksmith"), "Blacksmith"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Clint"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(3 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(13 * Game1.tileSize)), "Blacksmith", 2, "Clint", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Clint")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\ManorHouse"), "ManorHouse"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Lewis"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(8 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(5 * Game1.tileSize)), "ManorHouse", 0, "Lewis", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Lewis")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new SeedShop(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\SeedShop"), "SeedShop"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Caroline"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(22 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(5 * Game1.tileSize)), "SeedShop", 2, "Caroline", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Caroline")));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Abigail"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)Game1.tileSize, (float)(9 * Game1.tileSize + Game1.pixelZoom)), "SeedShop", 3, "Abigail", true, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Abigail")));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Pierre"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(4 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(17 * Game1.tileSize)), "SeedShop", 2, "Pierre", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Pierre")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Saloon"), "Saloon"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Gus"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(18 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(6 * Game1.tileSize)), "Saloon", 2, "Gus", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Gus")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Trailer"), "Trailer"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Pam"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(15 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(4 * Game1.tileSize)), "Trailer", 2, "Pam", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Pam")));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Penny"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(4 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(9 * Game1.tileSize)), "Trailer", 1, "Penny", true, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Penny")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Hospital"), "Hospital"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\HarveyRoom"), "HarveyRoom"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Harvey"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(13 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(4 * Game1.tileSize)), "HarveyRoom", 1, "Harvey", true, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Harvey")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new Beach(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Beach"), "Beach"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\ElliottHouse"), "ElliottHouse"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Elliott"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)Game1.tileSize, (float)(5 * Game1.tileSize)), "ElliottHouse", 0, "Elliott", true, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Elliott")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new Mountain(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Mountain"), "Mountain"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\ScienceHouse"), "ScienceHouse"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Maru"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(2 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(4 * Game1.tileSize)), "ScienceHouse", 3, "Maru", true, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Maru")));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Robin"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(21 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(4 * Game1.tileSize)), "ScienceHouse", 1, "Robin", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Robin")));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Demetrius"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(19 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(4 * Game1.tileSize)), "ScienceHouse", 1, "Demetrius", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Demetrius")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\SebastianRoom"), "SebastianRoom"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Sebastian"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(10 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(9 * Game1.tileSize)), "SebastianRoom", 1, "Sebastian", true, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Sebastian")));
                        GameLocation gameLocation = new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Tent"), "Tent");
                        gameLocation.addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Linus"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2(2f, 2f) * (float)Game1.tileSize, "Tent", 2, "Linus", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Linus")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(gameLocation);
                        Game1.locations.Add(new Forest(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Forest"), "Forest"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new WizardHouse(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\WizardHouse"), "WizardHouse"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Wizard"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(3 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(17 * Game1.tileSize)), "WizardHouse", 2, "Wizard", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Wizard")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\AnimalShop"), "AnimalShop"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Marnie"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(12 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(14 * Game1.tileSize)), "AnimalShop", 2, "Marnie", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Marnie")));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Shane"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(25 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(6 * Game1.tileSize)), "AnimalShop", 3, "Shane", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Shane")));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Jas"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(4 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(6 * Game1.tileSize)), "AnimalShop", 2, "Jas", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Jas")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\LeahHouse"), "LeahHouse"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Leah"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(3 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(7 * Game1.tileSize)), "LeahHouse", 3, "Leah", true, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Leah")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new BusStop(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\BusStop"), "BusStop"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Mine"), "Mine"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].objects.Add(new Vector2(27f, 8f), new Object(Vector2.Zero, 78, false));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Dwarf"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, 24), new Vector2((float)(43 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(6 * Game1.tileSize)), "Mine", 2, "Dwarf", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Dwarf"))
                        {
                            breather = false
                        });
                        Game1.locations.Add(new Sewer(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Sewer"), "Sewer"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new Desert(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Desert"), "Desert"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new Club(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Club"), "Club"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\MrQi"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(8 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(4 * Game1.tileSize)), "Club", 0, "Mister Qi", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\MrQi")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\SandyHouse"), "SandyHouse"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Sandy"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(2 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(5 * Game1.tileSize)), "SandyHouse", 2, "Sandy", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Sandy")));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Bouncer"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(17 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(3 * Game1.tileSize)), "SandyHouse", 2, "Bouncer", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Bouncer")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new LibraryMuseum(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\ArchaeologyHouse"), "ArchaeologyHouse"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Gunther"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(3 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(8 * Game1.tileSize)), "ArchaeologyHouse", 2, "Gunther", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Gunther")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\WizardHouseBasement"), "WizardHouseBasement"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new AdventureGuild(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\AdventureGuild"), "AdventureGuild"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Marlon"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(5 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(11 * Game1.tileSize)), "AdventureGuild", 2, "Marlon", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Marlon")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new Woods(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Woods"), "Woods"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new Railroad(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Railroad"), "Railroad"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new Summit(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Summit"), "Summit"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\FishShop"), "FishShop"));
                        Game1.locations[Game1.locations.Count - 1].addCharacter(new NPC(new AnimatedSprite(Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Characters\\Willy"), 0, Game1.tileSize / 4, Game1.tileSize * 2 / 4), new Vector2((float)(5 * Game1.tileSize), (float)(4 * Game1.tileSize)), "FishShop", 2, "Willy", false, null, Game1.content.Load<Texture2D>("Portraits\\Willy")));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\BathHouse_Entry"), "BathHouse_Entry"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\BathHouse_MensLocker"), "BathHouse_MensLocker"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\BathHouse_WomensLocker"), "BathHouse_WomensLocker"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new BathHousePool(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\BathHouse_Pool"), "BathHouse_Pool"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new CommunityCenter("CommunityCenter"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new JojaMart(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\JojaMart"), "JojaMart"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Greenhouse"), "Greenhouse"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\SkullCave"), "SkullCave"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Backwoods"), "Backwoods"));
                        Game1.locations.Add(new GameLocation(Game1.content.Load<Map>("Maps\\Tunnel"), "Tunnel"));
                        NPC.populateRoutesFromLocationToLocationList();
                        Game1.player.addQuest(9);
                        Game1.player.currentLocation = Game1.getLocationFromName("FarmHouse");

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
                      KingJoey likes this.
                    • KingJoey

Good to know, thanks keyten! I'll be looking forward to adding in extra maps once the groundwork is there to do it in Storm ^^

keyten likes this.
                      • Thanatosll

Thanatosll Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I got this mod and made it into a mega farm(all crops). I used around 140 iridium sprinklers and I think it was around 20 scarecrows in it. I put a path 1 space around the edges and under the sprinklers and scarecrows. It has around 3200 starfruit in it. I will post screenshots tomorrow.

KingJoey likes this.
                        • KingJoey

Updated the mod, some moss has been added to the walls to make them look less plain and as @Advize noticed, I fixed a fence that was on the wrong tile. Should be all good now! ^^

• Webmetz

Webmetz Space Hobo

I am a little OCD. Could you please raise/widen the entrance to the farm up 1 block higher so you can build a 2 block wide path from one side of the farm to the other?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
                              KingJoey likes this.
                            • Webmetz

Webmetz Space Hobo

Also. could you consider putting a extra farms to the left and above the extra plot of land? Perhaps behind certain kinds of walls? Like rocks or logs that need certain levels of axe or pickaxe to pass, and bridges that need certain materials to repair? So it is more progress based?

Maybe, once it is possible to add new items and sprites, plots of lands which are season locked. For example, go far enough north, you get an arid farm that links to the desert which is locked to summer. Go far enough west and you end up in a spring locked plot.

• Haebaragi

Haebaragi Weight of the Sky

*hits follow*

Yes you wonderful person, you are making my dreams come true.

Spaces so big it's about to be used in "yo mama" jokes.

farmvillesux and KingJoey like this.
                                • KingJoey

Yea I'd like that as well so I think I'll be doing that this weekend.

I can probably not add another plot up there, unless you'll warp to it just like you do now to get to your second piece of land. If I put stuff above the original map, all the original coordinates would shift and I would have to alter all the warp points leading there which would be quite a hassle and wouldn't have any compatibality with mods modifying either BusStop, Forest or BackForest (I think it's called, the path to the north of your farm). I can try putting a log in front of the entrances but for that to work you'd probably need to start a new game (this is just an assumption, perhaps I'll test that out this weekend)

• FinalMantasyX

I don't think I follow why maps can't exist where other maps exist. The game isn't open world, all the maps are separate entities, right? So why does it matter if they intersect? Are they all loaded at once and they literally cannot intersect? I don't understand. Games don't usually work like that.

KingJoey likes this.
                                    • KingJoey

I don't know exactly what you mean by intersect but the maps being loaded is hard coded. What I meant is AI and objects react to certain coordinates, so moving a map would mean to alter all the coordinates that map uses for npc's movement, objects with events placement etcetera.

• FinalMantasyX

I mean, like, if you went left, up, and right from your farm, you wouldn't "end up" at the area north of the farm, because you'd be going from map to map to map, not actually traversing a phsyical space. It's not like, Pokemon where when you go from route to town to route to town you're traveling on one map. They're all distinct world spaces, and going through a teleport zone takes you to a completely separate map. So you should, in theory, be able to place telepor tzones wherever you want that takes you wherever you want.

But the way you talk about the maps makes it sound like, for example, you can't add a farm south of the farm, because that's where the forest is. Even though "The forest" is an entirely separate chunk of existence, and going south teleports you there, you don't physically walk there. It's hard to explain.

It's the difference between going through a door and going through a teleporter.

Like this. In Dark Souls 2, all the maps technically intersect with each other. Logically, they exist in the same space. But because the game loads and unloads different sections as you go along, there's no problem because only one is loaded at a time. Right?

• KingJoey

That is not exactly what I mean. I meant to say that you can not relocate the original map and need to make an area on the existing map where you would make the map you want to as you can not add seperate map files as of now. But making maps in existing maps means not touching the original cause you could mess up events that need to happen on there.

For example when you walk through the warp point to go to your second piece of land, you get teleported to a coordinate to the far right of your map (thats why your screen will scroll further to the right) because I can not add a seperate map file. I hope this has been clear cause I can't really explain it better then I have I think xD