New islands for ocean/poison/lava planets

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by General Nuclear, Sep 26, 2016.

1. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

just make a hole in the wall at the bottom with a skyscraper side wall blocks still there problem solved or a door entrance at both sides

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  2. General Nuclear

i saw this and immediately thought of the ocean planets
    starbound islands problem.png

STCW262 likes this.
  3. Quillon

Quillon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Mini Biomes in the form of special islands would be cool....

General Nuclear likes this.
  4. General Nuclear

motor boat island small.png

i made a new secret maneuverable lair (like the avian sky pirate ship not actually moving at all) concept
    i where too lazy to draw the inside lair only the motors.

5. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Fits with 1.4's bounty system!

"Word is that the top dog of the Scrumptious Guns is hiding out on Horsebutt Majoris 34 IV on an ocean world."

General Nuclear and oinkgamer like this.
  6. vanWiggen

vanWiggen Void-Bound Voyager

This seems like a really cool idea... I like it. I want it.

CHUCKLEFISH! NOTICE PLS!

General Nuclear likes this.
  7. General Nuclear

badly made penguin secret ice berg base..png
    i made a new consept not very well drawn but it the only thing i could come up with.
    a secret iceberg penguin base on one of those frozen ocean planets.

[​IMG]

also icebergs are always smaller on the top the on the bottom like the old saying gos its just the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  8. General Nuclear

i suddenly remembered that pumice floats which is a volcanic rock type. so it would make sense if all the islands where made of that instead of sandstone.

9. General Nuclear

Ok i have so had it with this mini dungeon that spawns almost everywhere it looks like a petrified horse turd and it looks like thats the only mini dungeon that spawns at the ocean planets. I know that the ocean planets was rushed and you guys will work on it some more later in the future, but could you guys plz make some new quick underwater mini dungeons that looks a bit more nature then this stone poop.
    I bet the main reason why most people haven't complained about this is because there is always a chest spawning in it with a lot of free loot but it takes away the fun of finding those chest for your self and it feels very much like cheating because they are everywhere.

Skjermbilde (422).png

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    The Squid and STCW262 like this.
  10. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Indeed. That microdungeon is awfully designed, considering that it's ugly, and uses a block that takes annoyingly long to mine, and is too boring because it has no furniture items that would otherwise be difficult to find.

11. ProfMoebius

ProfMoebius Space Penguin Leader

There could be sunken ships as dungeon at ocean bottom, inspecially for toxic worlds.
    Some Hylotl settlements would have an elevator shaft going up to an island, either natural or artifical platform instead all being isolated underground.
    There can be something like an oil platform as another, rare isle type.

12. General Nuclear

yeah that would have been cool.

13. ProfMoebius

ProfMoebius Space Penguin Leader

One of the mods im using, though cant pinpoint which one, adds an underwater miniknog research complex for ocean worlds. Inside you can even find 2 new codices about miniknog researchers developing an 'i cant belive its not a banana' flavor chemical and using aquaculture hydroponics to solve food rations problem of apex race.
    There could be parallax variety for ocean biome, like atolls or an central landmass being visible in the background.

The Squid and General Nuclear like this.