New crops and fruit trees

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AureusWolf, Apr 20, 2017.

?

Would you like to see this in the game?

1. Yes!

100.0%
  2. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not really

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. NO!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AureusWolf

AureusWolf Subatomic Cosmonaut

These are some of the new crops and fruit trees I have thought of for Stardew Valley. I may be going a little overboard with my ideas and I'm truly sorry. When the creative juices start flowing I need to let them out.

White Roses: Plant in Spring or summer takes 10 days to mature. Produces 1-2 white roses, continues to produce after first harvest. Must be harvested with pruning shears. Costs 125 gold

‘An extremely popular flower prized for its shape and colors. It makes for a great gift to loved ones.’

Yellow Roses: Plant in Spring or summer takes 10 days to mature. Produces 1-2 yellow roses, continues to produce after first harvest. Must be harvested with pruning shears. Costs 150 gold.

‘An extremely popular flower prized for its shape and colors. It makes for a great gift to loved ones.’

Red Roses: Plant in Spring or summer takes 10 days to mature. Produces 1-2 red roses, continues to produce after first harvest. Must be harvested with pruning shears. Costs 200 gold.

Pruning shears would have to be crafted using 20 wood and 2 iron bars or can be purchased from Pierre’s for 1000 gold.

If trying to harvest roses without shears the player character will shake their hand as if they were pricked by a thorn.

Orchid: Buy from Sandy in the Oasis. Plant in summer takes 13 days to grow. Will produce one orchid. Assorted colors. Costs 200 gold.

‘A very beautiful, delicate, valuable flower that thrives in very hot, very humid climates. It is very fragile and can be destroyed by heavy rain and strong winds. Its best to be grown in a greenhouse. ‘

Rain and wind can greatly decrease the chances of orchids being silver or gold star quality and can be destroyed by normal weather conditions such as rain or wind, not just lightning storms. Is the risk worth the reward?

Squash: Plant in fall, takes 10 days to grow a large squash. Costs 100 gold.

‘A gourd in the same family as the pumpkin. The squash can be prepared in many ways and tastes great; much like the pumpkin.’

Cocoa beans. Buy from Sandy in the Oasis in your second year. Plant in summer, takes 10 days to produce cocoa pods. The plant grows on a trellis and continues to produce after first harvest. Costs 150 gold.

‘A bean that’s been cultivated for centuries for its culinary uses, most notably its use in making chocolate.’

Peas: Plant in Spring, takes 8 days to mature. The plant grows on a trellis and keeps producing after first harvest. Costs 100 gold.

‘Small, green and sweet, peas are a favorite veggie in soups and stews.’

Pineapple: plant in summer, takes 13 days to grow. Produces one large golden pineapple. Costs 200 gold.

‘A delicious tropical fruit that is loved the world-over for its juicy sweetness. It can be eaten in almost any way imaginable.’

Vanilla Bean: Buy from Sandy in your second year. Plant in spring, this plant grows on a trellis and takes an entire season to grow but produces 1-2 vanilla beans every day after first harvest. Costs 400 gold.

‘A bean that has one of the most loved flavors for coffee, ice cream, pie and many other desserts and drinks.’

Peanut: Plant in spring or summer, takes 10 days to grow, produces 3-6 peanuts during harvest. Costs 150 gold.

‘A nut that is part of the pea family. Its taste and culinary properties are useful and delicious.’

Snapdragon: Plant in Spring, Summer, or Fall, takes 9 days to grow. Produces a cluster of flowers. Assorted colors. The season in which they are grown will determine what colors the flowers will be. Costs 150 gold.

‘A wonderful garden flower with bright, vibrant colors. Snapdragons are not only beautiful but are also hearty and can withstand even the worst weather.

Cosmos. Plant in Summer, takes 4 days to grow. Produces a bushel of bright flowers. Assorted colors. Costs 40 gold.’

‘Cosmos are a great Summer plant, they bloom quickly and love hot weather, making it easy to spruce up a Summer garden.’

Marigold: Plant in Spring or Summer, takes 8 days to grow. Produces a bushel of bright orange-gold flowers. Costs 70 gold.

‘A beautiful gold flower that thrives in mild-warm weather but can also withstand intense Summer heat.’

Lavender: Plant in Summer, takes 10 days to grow. Produces a bushel of purple lavender. Costs 80 gold.

‘A fragrant flower that’s widely used for aromatherapy in candles, incense and cosmetic products.’

Zucchini: Plant in Summer, takes 10 days to grow. Produces a large zucchini. Costs 70 gold.

‘Being a member of the squash family, the zucchini too has allot cooking potential and tastes great when fried or sauteed.’

Fruit Trees:

Avocado Tree: Buy from Sandy in your second year. Takes 28 days to grow. Produces one avocado every day when mature. Produces in Spring only. Costs 7,500 gold.

‘A fruit thats treated more like a vegetable. It’s used in everything from salads to salsa.’

Lemon Tree: Buy from Sandy in your second year. Takes 28 days to grow. Produces one lemon every day when mature. Produces in Spring only. Costs 5,000 gold.

‘Pretty tart and sour alone, it’s better when used in cooking or made into lemonade.’

Grapefruit Tree: Buy from Sandy in your second year. Takes 28 days to grow. Produces one grapefruit every day when mature. Produces in Spring only. Costs 6,500 gold.

‘A large, juicy citrus fruit that’s so soft it can be eaten with a spoon.’

Banana Tree: Buy from Sandy your second year. Takes 28 days to grow. Produces one banana every day when mature. Produces in Summer only. Costs 8,000 gold.

‘Although it may not look like one, the banana is actually a berry.’

Mango Tree: Buy from Sandy in your second year. Takes 28 days to grow. Produces one red/orange mango every day when mature. Produces in Summer only. Costs 8,000 gold.

‘A sweet fruit with a very nice color scheme. It’s as tasty as it is pretty.’

Nectarine Tree: Buy from Sandy in your second year. Takes 28 days to grow. Produces one nectarine every day when mature. Produces only in Summer. Costs 5,000 gold.

‘Its allot like the peach; only not as fuzzy, but it’s still tasty.’

Fig Tree: Buy from Sandy in your second year. Takes 28 days to grow. Produces one purple fig every day when mature. Produces only in Fall. Costs 5,000 gold.

‘A fruit that’s been cultivated for thousands of years for its mild, sweet taste and health benefits.’

Olive Tree: Buy from Sandy in your second year. Takes 28 days to grow. Produces 3 black olives every day when mature. Produces in Fall only. Costs 5,000 gold.

‘These small, black fruits taste great alone, in salads and on pizza.’

Pear Tree: Buy from Sandy in your second year. Takes 28 to grow. Produces one yellow pair every day when mature. Produces in Fall only. Costs 6,000 gold.

‘A sweet Fall fruit that’s enjoyed by everyone.’

Hope you like my ideas. Feedback is always wanted!

Almonda and Lalu like this.
    • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Cacao (the source of cocoa/chocolate) is a tree, not a trellis plant. Vanilla is a type of orchid.

• AureusWolf

Guess those sites I went to were false information. Now I feel horrifically stupid.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

We could add 100 new crops and trees and I would still want more. lol I've thought about quite a few of these myself, I definitely think the game could use a lot more variety with the stuff we can grow. More crops, flowers, trees...some herbs and tea would be cool too. I also wouldn't mind having a set of crops that would grow in winter, I get bored not having anything to tend.

Roses are my favorite flower, and I love avocados, so those would probably be my favorite from your list. :3

• AureusWolf

I just grow a ton of wild winter seeds but I get your point. Snowdrops would be a good plant. They're pretty white flowers that flourish in snow.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
            • Eikos

Eikos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Vanilla is a vine-like orchid though, so a trellis isn't totally wrong.

Not sure if the roses should be separated into diff colors though, or if it'd just be simpler to have them as variations of one item. Personally, I might consider white roses to be worth more.

+1 for Cosmos and Marigold :)

For orchids, I'd prefer if they weren't grown in the same way as other crops (i.e. till dirt, drop seed, wait). Most orchids are epiphytes that grow attached to trees and would rot if grown in dirt. It'd be nice if this could be reflected in-game. Not necessarily growing on trees (though that'd be awesome as well), but just grown in specialized pots with the proper medium.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.