Modding Help New Crafting 'Table' - Wood Fire Oven

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by DJ_Zapple, Sep 1, 2016.

1. DJ_Zapple

DJ_Zapple Pangalactic Porcupine

The craving for pizza has stricken me, and stricken me hard, like some sort of intergalactic virus that you just can't get rid of. Or maybe it's more like an addiction, and I just need my fix, but can't get any.

So I figured, why not bring pizza to one of my favorite games? (This time for real; I STILL can't figure out how to do most types of mods for Stardew Valley!)

What I'm working on currently, is a wood fire oven crafting table, which will be used like the campfire, or outpost cooking table, only you'll have a whole list of custom items to cook - such as pizzas, calzones, lasagna, the sort of foods you'd EXPECT from a wood fire oven! Though, to start, there'll just be pizza, until I can get proper ideas for the rest of the items.

Now, I can do the coding for most of this myself. Making new items isn't hard. Shouldn't be too hard to make some items only become available once you've discovered particular other items in the game, as well. (Like, for example - you'd start with a plain Cheese Pizza recipe - 2 wheat, 2 cheese, 2 tomato. You pick up your first, say, pepper, and along with other recipe stuff you'd get for it, you also acquire the recipe for "Pepper Pizza", "Pepperoni and Pepper Pizza", "Sausage, Pepperoni and Pepper Pizza", ect.) Heck, I can probably make the item sprites myself, for that matter!

What I CAN'T do, however, basically amounts to two things - the reasons I'm posting this thread in the first place, matter of fact.

1. I've tried, and failed, to make the actual crafting table work. I've just got no idea what I'm supposed to do with the thing, even after looking at the coding for other crafting tables.
    2. I've tried, and failed, to make the actual crafting table sprites. What does it currently amount to in sprite form? This: [​IMG] I think everyone'd agree they wouldn't want THAT to be what it looks like as a final product. x.x
    I would very much appreciate any help I get with the creation of this mod! Credit given where credit is due, and what have you. Together, we can bring the long-lost earthly delights of the wood fire oven to the entire universe!

2. DJ_Zapple

DJ_Zapple Pangalactic Porcupine

Just gonna bump this. Still in need of help with making the table work...