Network of Starbound Fanfiction Writers

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by SB Fanfiction Network, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

What are your genres? I'm weird; I listen to jazz a lot.

Zebe likes this.
  2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

A lot. Electronic, instrumental, the Starbound soundtrack, metal, dance... The list goes on.

3. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

third to the music always list

Though sometimes, I have this odd habit to listen to the one same song on repeat while I write something. Not like music that fits the mood of what I'm writing... just same stuff on repeat

Whatever there is on the random playlist next. So pretty much anything except some deep end screamo. that wont leave enough room in my head for words

Alkanthe likes this.
  4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

This is pretty much what I do.

Zebe likes this.
  5. AliasPseudonym

AliasPseudonym Big Damn Hero

I listen to whatever I feel like at that moment, be it classical, 70s/80s pop, heavy metal, or Queen.

Tatterdemalion likes this.
  6. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Usually just my Spotify music, which is mostly hip hop, rap, with some other stuff thrown in (dub step and what not).

Zebe and Tatterdemalion like this.
  7. Tatterdemalion

Do you remember that 1920's fantasy story I was talking about a while back? I've posted a little bit of it in the literature subforum. Check it out and give me your thoughts, mates!

Lavranzo, nababoo, Zebe and 2 others like this.
  8. Lithium

Lithium Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is a nice concrete group of writers here...

... I like it. :nuruhappy:

I am currently in the works of a Fanfic, that is based on actual gameplay, titled "The Adventures of Divewings"

It depicts a female, "Lora Croft-like" Avian and her adventures through the universe.

I'll let you guys know when it's done. :nuruawe:

nababoo, The Squid and Zebe like this.
  9. It was very well-written. The beginning deserves accolades. Your brand of humor, if further practiced, could be absolutely top-notch. I look forward to reading more of your work.

10. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Hey, here's an idea: using "NetworkofStarboundFanfictionWriters" -tags on each of our personal threads. Really I've got no idea if anyone even uses tags, but why not? For the sake of having an easy list of all works, at least?

Also, welcome jumjummju and Lavranzo to the clan!

11. Welcome, jumjummju and Lavranzo! I look forward to your literary contributions to the forums.

As a side note: do any of you guys listen to any good fiction podcasts? I'm pawing around for recommendations and wouldn't mind an entry or two.

Lavranzo, Zebe and Alkanthe like this.
  12. TwinKoi

TwinKoi Space Spelunker

Heh, very amusing title. I'm back, and would be more than pleased to join up.

Zebe likes this.
  13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Welcome back!

14. Tatterdemalion

Hey, it's TwinKoi! Welcome to the hub! I'm glad to see that you're still hanging about. I hope to see more soon! Write up a short little application, and I'm sure we'll add you in no time.

Zebe and Alkanthe like this.
  15. Tatterdemalion

So, concerning the new community story. I have a couple questions.
    • Who is writing it? Are we working together every step of the way or working in chapters/shifts?
    • How many characters before we start writing?
    • Do we have any idea of a plot?
    • What sort of canon are we accepting. By this I mean, all of us in the NSFW have our own canons built up which differ pretty heavily from each others'. We should probably figure out basic lore and worldbuilding before we start on the story.
    • Is this a continuous saga with a main cast, or a series of one-offs featuring new-ish characters each time?
    • Lastly, what are our criteria for accepting character applications?
    Don't take my queries as negativity, though. I'm excited!

Edit: perhaps we should make a shared Google Docs folder for planning in real-time?

Zebe and Alkanthe like this.
  16. AliasPseudonym

AliasPseudonym Big Damn Hero

I feel like I missed something because I had no idea about a community story. Sounds cool though.

17. Tatterdemalion

Beep.

Alkanthe likes this.
  18. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Alright, first of all, the community story is this: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/community-fan-fiction.105230/

Second of all, I'm gonna answer those questions.
    -Basically, when we planned this, the chapters were going to rotate between Zebe and I, as well as JPM if he's interested. Looking back, however, it would be a good idea to have other clan members do a chapter every now and then just to mix things up. I'll probably have more on that later.

- Before we start, we should at least have three characters (no more than ten).

- The thread we made is for discussion of the plot.

- I agree with the whole canon thing. The story would have to have basic Starbound lore, for example the original races, the Miniknog, Stargazers, etc. It's true that erybo has their own canons, and we'll have to sort that out, but it'll be pretty cool if parts of everyone's canon make it in to the story in a way that makes sense.

- This will be a pretty continuous story with a main cast of characters. These will either be people who request a main character or just chosen at random. If someone submits a character app after the story had started, then I guess there would be new characters each time. Also, by pretty continuous I mean that it has a continuous plot, however some chapters can be used for flashbacks and such.

- The criteria for accepting character applications is basically if it makes sense, is fairly realistic (by Starbound standards), and has enough information so that someone could write a story based off of it.

I'm gonna add a lot of this information to the other thread. Let me know if any of the answers were unclear or if you have more questions.

Zebe, Alkanthe and Tatterdemalion like this.
  19. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

*fanfare*
    Just announcing a new member: Welcome to the clan Gilligan Lanley!

20. Welcome Gilligan Lanley. May the writing gods smile upon you.

Tatterdemalion likes this.