Network of Starbound Fanfiction Writers

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by SB Fanfiction Network, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Okay, now Im a co-autor... I just helped a bit, you know. <_< I feel like I don't desrve this title right now.

2. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Sure! Use the logos as you want.

no homicide?
    awwwh

3. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

Course' you do, man! You offer very valuable info into the universe of Starbound that I often miss, which is something that would be rather embarrassing for me to get wrong a lot. (Not to mention various names on certain places and such, but overall it seems the respectful thing to do!).[DOUBLEPOST=1448825143][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Firstly, HAH, Secondly, HUZZAH! (Hurray for excitability)

Zebe and Alkanthe like this.
  4. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Well, if you want to call it like that.

5. Sir Wilfrey

I'm a tad new to the entire "Contest" thing, what exactly is the prize? Unless It's coffee or jerky, I probably won't be savagely competing or rushing, lol

Zebe likes this.
  6. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

sorry its tea and bacon

But seriously: I forgot to mention it, but I was thinking of games under a certain price for the top three. I guess everyone here has a Steam because of Starbound (unless youre a bad bad pirate), so that's the best thing I came up with. So if you like win some place and get like 15€ budget to use, you can like choose game(s) and you'll get like gifted them. With like multiple authors the budget would be like split like even.

...So maybe "Coffee & Jerky Simulator 2016"? If anyone has better prize ideas, feel free to suggest them

Sir Wilfrey, The Squid and Alkanthe like this.
  7. Sir Wilfrey

Isn't that expensive on you though? How about a pat on the back, or a "Featured Author" Section or something? I'd feel bad If I did win and just took some guys money for it... but that may just be me...?

P.S, My sig isn't done yet, I'm still new to this, lol

8. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

If one wants to spend money for the literature, he can do it. Why not?

Alkanthe and Zebe like this.
  9. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Expensive? Nay, I'm secretly a philanthropist billionaire playboy. And besides, you're not taking my money, I'm giving it to you.

Plus:
    I rather spend my Steam money on encouraging writers than TF2 keys, games my computer can't run, shoddy dating sims, and indie games that I never complete.

"Featured author", hmm? Now that's a fine idea.

The Squid and Alkanthe like this.
  10. Sir Wilfrey

Also, my sig's not done yet, still new to this, hah
    It's not that, I just feel bad accepting a stranger's money for something I do for fun, I'm the same way with things like "Student of The Month" or "Employee of The Month", but as I said, It's likely just me in particular.

P.S, Annnnd my sig is completely bugged as hell, I thought I had it this time! I'll be back, aghhh..

Zebe likes this.
  11. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

There is some tricks to put the link into the picture. Im not the one who knows (or at least remembers) how to do it. Zebe! Halp!

Alkanthe likes this.
  12. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Here are the NSFW and Green Lance links.
    Code:
    [URL='http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/103004/'][IMG]http://imgur.com/C7IdOSr.png[/IMG][/URL] [URL='http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/98779/'][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/l84SxV7.png[/IMG][/URL]

Here's the Substellar Vagary one, but the image seems to be too tall (or too wide, I'm not sure).
    Code:
    [URL='http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/94950/'][IMG]http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t389/Tatterdemalion2/dawdwadsa_zps0u1fdsrc.png[/IMG][/URL]

13. Sir Wilfrey

Thank you, and yes, the Substellar one is huge, and if I can't fit em' all, I find something else, so I'm using text links instead. (You'll see what I'm tryin' to say, hah)

Zebe likes this.
  14. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Yeah, if you'd want to use the Substellar image with the others it would need to be resized/cropped...
    Maybe you should try removing the "Go Check These Fabulous Fools Out!" if it'd work better without it. Or changing the order of the images? Not sure about that at all :/

Text signatures can have a lot more links in them though. No pretty pictures, but the plus side is the amount of stuff that fits in.

Warget likes this.
  15. Sir Wilfrey

Honestly, I'm just gonna go with text links sadly. If I could make the images not interact with text it would work.

16. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

I use a cropped, resized version of my cover art for the sig. Plus, the cover is a glitchy .gif right now, so that may have something to do with it.

As for the contest, I think it sounds like a great idea! If we do start a "featured author" bit, I think we should ask a mod to put it in a sticky in the fanfic subforum so people will actually see it. Is there going to be any sort of a theme? The judging might get a little difficult if it's a free-for-all write-off.
    This is helpful feedback. I actually really like your idea of villain who's comically serious in juxtaposition to the rest of the plot. It would be sort of humorous to make him, if anything, over-competent, only hindered by the ridiculousness of his surroundings. Having the antagonist as the straight man is an idea I'd like to explore...

17. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

I'm not sure what'cha mean exactly, but with many images it's good to keep the images and the text on separate rows. Otherwise it might get messed up.

I guess sticky thread there could work. I'll ask about that thing if/when we get to it.
    I haven't thought about having a theme. It could work, but I can't come up with any. And it's December tomorrow apparently, how unexpected. We should hurry with figuring out a theme if we want one.

Alkanthe likes this.
  18. Sir Wilfrey

Isn't it obvious? Delightful Starbound christmas tales with really funny sub-plots (An idea: The Penguin Who Stole Christmas)

19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Yeeeees, I like this idea.

20. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

I just feel Christmas holidays are a pretty stale theme that has been used a hundred times before. It's almost too obvious because of the convenient timing.
    ...not that I actually have anything against it. If this gets support we may as well go with it.

Other ideas? Developing the idea further maybe? I'll be making the contest thread soon I guess, hopefully before December ends.
    on december 1st i swear

Alkanthe likes this.