1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Negative Gravity Explosion?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Starman04, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Starman04

Starman04 Master Chief

I'm pretty new to the whole custom weapons thing, but I'm trying to make a rocket launcher/gun that lets you rocket jump. Is there any projectile/explosion type that produces an anti-gravity explosion or has recoil? If so, and it's an explosion type, not a projectile, how would I use it? Could I edit the size/power? Would it work in admin mode? Sorry I have so many questions, but if you know anything about this, let me know!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  2. Photoloss

Photoloss Industrial Terraformer

"ngravityexplosion" is an explosion used by the Adaptable Crossbow. Explosions are just projectiles with zero speed so you can fire them from a gun directly if you wish. Unlike regular projectiles the gravity effect itself has fixed target filters which include friendlies and admins, and if you can change the AoE or strength I don't know how.

Or just copy from this video.

3. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Wait. So it would also be possible to make a gun that fires an explosion that then spawns another explosion next to it, and so on until it causes a trail of explosions?

4. Photoloss

Photoloss Industrial Terraformer

Except for the part where you can't specify a launch offset, yes.

5. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Or set it on a sword with traildash