Modding Help Need help with sort of whirlwind/vortex object

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by mastercookie, Feb 2, 2017.

1. mastercookie

mastercookie Existential Complex

Im trying to make an object (like this => castlevaniadimensionicon.png ) that pulls player into its center when the player is close enough.
    similar mechanic is used in kluex boss (2nd stage) when he crates a vortex that sucks player in:
    "statusEffects" : [ "windswept" ]
    the problem is this creates the effect that is very weak and feels like walking on ice rather than pulling in.

so my question: is there any line to tweak the effect? like to point the center, to change strength and so on

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Did you not look at windswept?

Code:
    {
      "name" : "windswept",
      "effectConfig" : {
        "movementParameters" : {
          "groundForce" : 100,
          "ambulatingGroundFriction" : 5.0,
          "normalGroundFriction" : 5.0,
          "runSpeed" : 28
        }
      },
      "defaultDuration" : 1.0,

"scripts" : [
        "windswept.lua"
      ],

"animationConfig" : "windswept.animation",

"label" : "Windswept",
      "icon" : "/interface/statuses/tar.png"
    }
    Just copy the effect and use your own values if that's what you're looking for.

But for an object, you might look at objects/mission/bossdoor
    It uses physics that (after activating the door) push you through. It uses enough force that you cannot resist but you could use less and you could leave the force area always active too.

mastercookie likes this.
  3. mastercookie

mastercookie Existential Complex

very nice ideas! i found staffslow effect, which is closer to what im looking for, but it doesnt drag player in, just slows down.

bossdoor is much better, but it requires objectType to be set to "physics" and my vortex is a "container". can the object have both properties somehow?