Modding Help Need help with coding(not a newbie at it but still having a weird issue)

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by P4 Brotagonist, Dec 14, 2013.

1. P4 Brotagonist

P4 Brotagonist Space Hobo

Hey guys was looking for a little help or guidance about what exactly is going wrong. Ok so before I started into full out modding the game, I always like to take the smallest baby steps to make sure each little thing will work with my setup I'm using(much easier to debug when things turn to hell and don't work when you have already taken care of any "it's a beta!" issues.)

Thankfully I did this because now I am having this problem creep up, and I have no clue what is going on. I started off simply running the game, and it runs just fine. So I then decided to try and change one variable on the tools to test and see if I have any issues. Well I actually am having a huge issue. I started with a fresh install of the game. I then simply went into beamaxe.beamaxe and changed the fire speed from .20 into .01. I then loaded up a fresh entirely new save. The moment I click anything, The game crashes and says "Lost connection to server" even though I'm playing local. I then changed it back. When I try the block size the same thing happens. So then I tried damage on the pickaxe...same issue.

Keep in mind the game runs fine for me otherwise, and every time I test it out I use a fresh install/all new default files. Same thing happens.

This a common thing I am missing?

2. P4 Brotagonist

P4 Brotagonist Space Hobo

Hmm never mind, I found out the issue. If you move around the cursor breaking things to fast it forcibly removes you from 'server" which would include even the single player "server". There is a block limit. If mods want to mark or delete go ahead.

3. JediLord

JediLord Starship Captain

ya i set mine to .5 its fast but dont crash out or anything hope it helps