1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help finding furniture

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ratchetNL, Dec 6, 2016.

1. ratchetNL

ratchetNL Void-Bound Voyager

I recently started playing Starbound as I heard it reached 1.0 sometime ago and I started to get bored of the game I was playing at that time. I just went through the game normally and wanted to build Floran themed base. I had scanned quite a lot of Floran themed items but I wanted to know if there were still a few that I was missing that I might want to include in my structure. So I decided to look on the Starbounder.org wiki to see what I was missing.

The problem is is that there are a few items of wich I have no idea on how to obtain them. The wiki tells me that some of the items I haven't found yet can be found inside a Floran Prison (Like the Torture Device for example). I hadn't found one of these dungeons so I decided to click on the link to find out more about this dungeon but when I click on the page link it just redirects me to the Floran Canyon and the items I am missing are not listed in the section of objects that can be obtained from that dungeon. I tried searching somewhere else online to find more information to see if there was any way of getting these item (without using admin commands).

Am I just unlucky with finding these furniture items or can they really only be obtained through admin commands (cause the wiki never stated that they were only obtainable through such means)?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Moved to Starbound Discussions since it isn't a technical issue with Starbound.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

3. ratchetNL

Yeah sorry for that, wasn't sure where to go with this issue.

4. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

There's an easy-peasy way to go if you want extra items! Take note though that this is through console commands. So if you don't want to use "cheats" to get it, then don't use it. Also note that the commands are upper-case sensitive.
    Use the chat and type in:
    /admin
    This will give you immortality, infinite energy, but most importantly, the ability to use other console commands. When you've gotten the things you wanted and want to be killable again, just type in that command again.

Next, type in:
    /spawnitem (itemid) (number)
    For example; /spawnitem floranbookcase 4
    This will give you 4 floran styled bookcases, but if you only want 1, you can skip the number.
    Here's the itemid site, just type in "floran" and you're all set. :proper:
    https://starbounditems.herokuapp.com/

Edit: You can also spawn in blocks this way.

5. ratchetNL

Thanks for the link but my problem wasn't really that I had trouble using the admin commands. I just want to know if I can still get floran prison furniture by just playing the game. I want to keep console commands as a last resort here.

6. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Well I've come across a couple of floran prisons, so you should most definitely be able to get it all without console commands.

7. ratchetNL

Guess I just have really poor luck finding these dungeons then. Thanks for the info.