Modding Discussion Need Help: Block Placement Increasing

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by KingLazarus, Feb 3, 2016.

1. KingLazarus

KingLazarus Void-Bound Voyager

lmmfao! Here is what I do every single time. I delete the packed folder into the recycle box. Then I hit empty then I go back to the x64 file I placed the unpacker into and then hit unpack. I wait until It says it is finished. I don't do anything on my computer until then. I search the files to find the "defaultparameters.config" in the generic assests/items folder. If it's not in there then I repeat. I've done that 11 times now exactly the same way. The only thing I have not done is uninstall the game and reinstall it then unpack. I won't do this because I can't seem to find the save file in the steam user area. Not sure what number it is in that filing.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Save files are located in ..\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\player

Does the unpacker unpack anything at all? Did you physically go to the folder the file you are looking for is supposed to be in?

3. KingLazarus

Yes it unpacks everything but that one file after the original time I did it.

4. lazarus78

Then verify the game data via steam and do it again. It has to be there if everything else is.

5. KingLazarus

Already did that too. This is a mod download from this site called "unpacker". I suspect it's not actually my game files but the unpacker is probably someone elses files from their game being unpacked into mine. It verifies all the files are there ever time but the unpcaker once again doesn't unpack it.

6. lazarus78

The unpacker does not include any game assets. That would be illegal. Plus, even if it did, that file has been around for a while.

7. KingLazarus

I get the distinct feeling you're coming at me as if I am a stupid idiot that doesn't know anything and assuming I don't know what I am talking about and to argue. The only thing I am new to is installing mods and modifying already existing files. Other then that I am quite computer savvy.

8. lazarus78

Your words:
    " I suspect it's not actually my game files but the unpacker is probably someone elses files from their game being unpacked into mine."

All I did was not that this isnt possible because it would be illegal. And ill add that the download would be ~700MB if it were.

9. KingLazarus

Anyway does anyone know how to modify the placement size? Does anyone have a mod for this already? refer to the OP, the existing file doesn't work (the link I posted).

10. KingLazarus

11. lazarus78

As has been posted before.

defaultparameters.config.patch

Code:
    [
      {
        "op": "replace",
        "path": "/blockRadius",
        "value": 4
      },
      {
        "path": "/defaultMaxStack",
        "value": 6400
      }
    ]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    Relten likes this.
  12. KingLazarus

so create a mod page and only put that in there?

13. lazarus78

Start with the basic mod folder setup. Plenty of guides on how to do that.

Make a file called defaultparameters.config.patch and put it in the items folder within your mod folder. Then paste the above code into it.

Assuming you did it correctly, it should now work.

14. KingLazarus

Thank you. :D

15. KingLazarus

So I am still having trouble. I created a folder in my mod fold called "items" (literally that way with no caps). Then I went into Notepad ++ and created a file with the
    [
    {
    },
    {
    }
    ]
    exactly as shown here. I titled it defaultparamenters.config and saved it as a .patch file.So it's full namee is Defaultparameters.config.patch exactly as that. I went and put this file into the folder items for the mod folder and it does absolutely nothing for the game. Not even crash it.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  16. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Is there anything in the log? Did you make a modinfo file for your mod?

17. KingLazarus

um no, all the other mods I have installed don't require that.

18. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

All mods require a modinfo file...

19. KingLazarus

Okay created the modinfo page and it still isn't working.

20. KingLazarus

This is what I have exactly. In giraffe_storage I have the file mods, in this file I have a file I created called "LargerScaleBuilding(any)" exactly as that. In this file I have a file called "items" exactly as that and a modinfo file called "LargerScaleBuilding(any).modinfo" It's saved as a modinfo file. In the items folder of this same area I have a "Defaultparameters.config.patch" file saved as a PATCH File. In the Notepad ++ I am using it contains exactly "
    [
    {
    },
    {
    }
    ]"

In the MODINFO file I have exactly
    "{
    "name" : "Large Scale Builder (any)",
    "path" : ".",
    "dependencies" : []
    }"
    After all of this it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong here?