Modding Help Need a lil' help with a mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by BwBxHoods, Dec 22, 2013.

1. BwBxHoods

BwBxHoods Tentacle Wrangler

The mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6jlwo0f92mktvyx/Stimulus Package.zip

Ignoring the name (And placeholder image, unless mods don't work if you are terrible at spriting) I'm really stuck on what isn't working.

If it wasn't already obvious I'm new to modding, but I'm hoping to get rid of these early obstacles to get into some more technical stuff.

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's something super obvious and I'm gonna smack myself in the face afterwards. :p

2. Eathed

Eathed Pangalactic Porcupine

You need to add your recipe to the player.config file. You would add
    Code:
    { "item" : "glasssyringe" },
    to the top of the tier1 section of the file. You can either edit the one in assets, or copy it over to your mod's folder and edit that one.

3. BwBxHoods

Ah! Thank you good sir!

Small question, when people publish mods I've noticed that there isn't any editing of the player.config file, how do they do that? Do you place the recipe file into a 'recipes' folder?

4. Eathed

Eathed Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm not entirely sure, I've always had to edit my player.config file. Since having multiple mods with altered player.configs can cause a conflict error, people just tell users what to paste into it. Hopefully in the next version they'll add the merge feature so we wont have to do that.

5. BwBxHoods

Guess it's something we gotta figure out till they bring out that merging feature. Thank you again for the quick replies.