Nebula systems and ancient megastructures

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by scaper12123, Jun 27, 2017.

1. scaper12123

scaper12123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It honestly surprises me that we don't see things like nebulas scattered around space already, but fair enough I suppose. My suggestion is that patches of space dust would be scattered around the universe enveloping a cluster of stars, each of which would have their surface background and other aspects affected by the nebulous shroud. In addition, there would be a special type of star found exclusively in nebulas, Proto-stars, that would act as a tier 7 systems and would have their difficulty adjusted accordingly. These systems could be home to exclusive dungeons to effectively challenge players who have completed the Ruin questline. This idea is mainly an excuse to have something more challenging and possibly to use for new quest stuff.

Additionally, given the fact that some ancient group spent a lot of time ripping dimensions apart, it's very odd to me they don't have very many large remnants hanging about aside from the gateways (and even those are minuscule). That being said, it would be interesting for there to be things like broken ringworlds or super-massive space stations to explore scattered around space, large structures which would act similar to normal worlds except for having unique surfaces, underground biomes, and other such things. Again, these would preferably be tier 7 worlds to give more of a challenge as a reward for exploration.

Armorine1983 and IxFa like this.
  2. IxFa

IxFa Pangalactic Porcupine

Sounds pretty rad to be honest.
    Fly into a nebula to find ancient structures? Count me in.
    I think it'd be great to add mech-mode bosses to them. In absence of the ancients, behemoth agents of The Ruin coast along menacingly within the astral dusts of dead stars. Something similar anomalies in the map, but persistent and slowly moving.
    I imagine them being like Phantoon from Super Metroid or Metroid Other M(hidden boss in that one)
    [​IMG] (Appearance in Other M here)
    Bonus points if it makes horrific noises.
    We need more space-faring eldritch horrors dag-nabbit!
    Another bonus! As one of the normal enemies to fight on the path to the boss, use something similar to the Covern/Koben from Super Metroid
    [​IMG] (Artist rendition)

Let's make the isolated and shrouded areas of space as spooky as possible please.

3. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

I remember years ago, they planned for your ship to be upgraded. The upgrade would allow you to enter nebulas and a blackhole. Inside this blackhole is The Ruin. The nebulas would act as end-game, with all types of planets on the highest difficulty level. I don't know why the nebula was removed....