Mysterious Bugs Regarding WIP Mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by BioApple, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Hey all. For the past few days I've been working on a mod whose general purpose is to add many dozens of hats into the game. This is done via the use of an electronic haberdashery machine, through which you can buy various vanity armors. Or at least that's the intention. Right now there are two principal bugs keeping me away from my hat-filled dream:

1.) Despite several renditions and edits to the player.config, hatmachine.object, and hatmachine.recipe files, I cannot get the Hat Machine to show up as a craftable item.

2.) The only hat that's currently in the mod, the Bowler Bowler, shows up as a generic item.

After hours of poring over the files I've edited, I can't see the cause for these issues. If you have any knowledge of modding or programming, I'd ask you to try and tell me what I've been doing wrong. Included here is the link to the mod as it stands. Installation is simple: Just copy all the folders into your .../starbound/assets and copy/replace/merge/whatever when prompted.

Because of the issues noted above, there isn't a way to get either the machine or the hat in the vanilla game. I tested it with this method, but that edit isn't included in the above download because I don't know which tutorial you prefer messing with. Please reply with any questions or solutions you have, and thank you in advance.

2. Zakamius

Zakamius Void-Bound Voyager

Your problem lies with your hatmachine.recipe. You're missing commas when you list the required input.

It should be:
    Code:
    {
      "input" : [
        { "item" : "darkwoodmaterial", "count" : 100 },
        { "item" : "ironbar", "count" : 5 },
        { "item" : "copperbar", "count" : 10 }
      ],
      "output" : {
        "item" : "hatmachine",
        "count" : 1
      },
      "groups" : [ "craftingtable", "objects", "tools", "all" ]
    }

BioApple likes this.
  3. Well now I feel like a used-up jumbotron. The mod's in perfect working order now, it seems (I was also missing commas on certain lines of the hat's .head code). Thanks for the help.