1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

My Weather-Activated Fountain Build

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Artay001, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Artay001

Artay001 Pangalactic Porcupine

So I told someone in another thread a while back that I'd build a weather-activated fountain and post it where it could be seen.

Now I can't find that thread. So I'm posting a new one and hopefully they'll see it.

As for the fountain itself, it's a pretty simple build. My version of Starbound IS modded, but it's not necessary as water physics are part of the vanilla game experience. I hope to make it a little more interesting later (probably with actuated gates to let out more water than the invisible trickle over the side), though after having witnessed the Martinus Transformation I think my fountains could be used for such. DrCogandtheFountain.png
    That's Dr. Cog, builder of this fountain (but not the house). Soon he'll leave this little starter world behind and explore the universe, spreading Glitch colonies throughout the stars.

2. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

So, what does it look like in action?

3. Artay001

Unfortunately, until I get those actuated doors, all the pools just gradually fill as if by magic. Sometimes you'll see a droplet, but it's much more rare than it was back in the Koala days when I first played with it. I'm going to do some experimentation with doors and drains to see if I can't make it a little more visually exciting. :)

4. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I like it so far

You can also use squirt guns to generate the water, which makes the water flow a lot better, but it requires a bit of water torture.

Artay001 likes this.
  5. Teh Freek

Teh Freek Void-Bound Voyager

Here you go.

Also, replacing some of the background with (colored?) glass would brighten it up a bit and might make it even nicer.

Artay001 likes this.
  6. Artay001

Agreed. My first one ever was made entirely of glass. I just didn't have enough sand handy.

Also, I love that the new turrets allow you to put in your own guns. I look forward to playing with that. :D

Once I get far enough on one of my characters to get the wiring tool then I'll start working on more complicated versions of the fountain.

7. 1nfinitezer0

1nfinitezer0 Cosmic Narwhal

The first rule of the Martinus Transformation is that one does not mention the Martinus Transformation :p

TrueEdge likes this.
  8. Artay001

It is a testament to the power of SCIENCE!!! LoL