My T8 Glitch castle/ship

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by flybert, Feb 3, 2015.

1. flybert

flybert Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just wanted to share my T8 Glitch ship with you guys.
    [​IMG]

This is how I would have seen a glitch decorating his/her T8 ship. As you can see it has everything a lord of the castle would need.

What do you think?
    How does your fully furnished T8 ship look like?

I'm planning to do more racial ships. I'm thinking about the floran ship next.

Grifs, Breakout, Pinkbat5 and 7 others like this.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I like what you've done in the towers. A good use of the space there, without resorting to using platforms.

flybert likes this.
  3. Frost Spectre

Frost Spectre Big Damn Hero

Wow, must have taken alot to collect all those objects.

4. flybert

They were a real challenge. Cause you have much height, but not a lot of width. Personally, I really like the treausury the most :D

Well, to be honest, I raided some glitch castles and villages, but most of the items are spawned in. Some items like the golden jugs and the baskets are impossible to get otherwise. They are ideal cluttery, but when broken shatter into pixels. Consider it a creation build in creative mode.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    Jonesy likes this.
  5. flybert

Just wanted to share my new T8-Avian ship as well.
    What do you think?

[​IMG]
    As you can see, i went full on Avian temple here.
    First floor is the entrance, teleporter and a small crypt. Second floor has the main atrium in the center. A temple to the right and a pool of healing water to the left. On both sides, there is a small room for a guardian to sleep in. Next floor is the suite of the high priest. On the very top is a master control center where the high priest can communicate with the galaxy.

Grifs, janovick, Breakout and 3 others like this.
  6. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

Whoah, both of these look amazing! I'd like to see your take on the Human ship.

flybert likes this.
  7. Mishka

Mishka Void-Bound Voyager

I like how there's a lot less space dedicated to industry on the Avian ship, and a lot more dedicated to worship.

flybert likes this.
  8. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

I wish I got here earlier when you started this one, that glitch ship is awesome!
    I have 2 complaints:
    1. your using ship doors instead of castle doors (my ship goes with a low tech approach)
    2. your using armor that has multiple eyes, its really creepy and weird (I use titanium armor)

9. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

That second complaint is really rather silly and has little to do with the castle.

10. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

I said I had 2 complaints
    I never said anything about them having to do with the castle

11. Heartstrings

It's still silly and frivolous.

12. Pumpkin_Masher

Pumpkin_Masher Cosmic Narwhal

How did you spawn the pixel baskets?

13. Heartstrings

/spawnitem, used in conjuncture with /admin.

14. flybert

Thank you all for the feedback!
    Do not hesitate to share your own ships aswell. I always find it interesting to see other views on ship decoration.

Thank you! I really enjoy decorating the ships as tough they really existed. Although storage-wise they aren’t the best, I don’t really mind cause I tend to store most items on my planet-side warehouse.
    Believe it or not, the first ships I wanted to do were the apex and human ship due to their modern/sci-fi looks, but I struggle with them. But I’m looking forward to go there again with the experience I have gained by making these two.
    It also felt good for my roleplay character, as she is a high priestess who, while still believing fervently in Kluex, struggles with the methods/sacrifices of the religion. That is also why it doesn’t look like a typical temple, but also uses some assets from the grounded (the banners).
    I did consider using normal castle doors, but I didn’t like them aesthetically because they tend to be one block wide. But that is of course a personal thing. While I used only low-tech block in the ship, I explain the doors to myself as the castle still being in space. The ship doors look like heavily fortified portcullises/gates in my mind.

As for the armour, at first, I didn’t like the extra eyes/brains, they did grow on me. I like the concept of a Glitch overlord using every advantage the race brings.

I did it like Heartstrings suggested, but if you want, you can also just use admin mode crafting (go into admin mode with /admin and press C to craft”, a lot of items are there already.

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  15. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

thats fair, I built mine around having the one block doors so I feel like it fits a little better

my ship isnt done, ive been to busy building an actual castle on the ground (and playing other games) but here it is
    My unfinished ship.png
    the front room isnt started and EASEL is there so I can mess around with signs easily (and it fits perfectly in the corner)

16. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I don't like any of the main game ships.....I mean a train, a castle on a boat shaped "spaceship".....a huge egg-shaped oval for the apex, a couple of nondescript rectangles for the others.......I am sorry but this is the one completely lame aspect of the game. With that said it's not a huge complaint because a mod or two and a few hours of my time will fix this situation quick and in a hurry. It's a shame I don't have access to my gaming PC now, probably for the best though as character/universe wipes are probably not done with.

As for your ship....I can see what you tried going for and I suppose you pulled it off well but to me it seems kind of empty......a look into the past rather than into the future, a reminder of the times before we had electricity and many other far more important things.

ChuckleFish are doing an amazing job across the board in all areas of the game....except ship design.....ah well, nobody's perfect. Though it would probably be for the best if they just allowed the players to disable the tiered ships as they are and just build their own ships as they see fit.

17. Ryumaru

Ryumaru Big Damn Hero

Huh, I always thought the Apex one looked a bit more Death Star than egg.

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  18. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

That looks nothing like the death star.....even if one only looked at the shape and completely forgot how incredibly tiny the 16 room thing is.

19. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Hey that looks pretty great.
    Remember each thread has their own sections.
    As essentially this is a showing off your own work - its best left in the screenshots gallery.
    Just quickly moved it for ya.

20. clubbry

clubbry Intergalactic Tourist

Hey I'm new I bought the game about 2-3 weeks ago and I know this was made almost a year ago but I really liked your ship and used it as inspiration for my ship.
    I copied somethings like the background and the floor and ofc the middle of the ship and the sides but I'm wondering how did you get the golden egg in the middle of your window and also the painting above the throne I can't get that centered and also the starry night I just can't get them centered. Is this because a year ago placing things were different or did you use mods that allowed you to place them like that? I know this post is really old but any reply would be awesome.