Starbound artz of me and Halkin

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Adam Tracinya, May 29, 2015.

1. Adam Tracinya

Adam Tracinya Void-Bound Voyager

Well here it is
    upload_2015-5-29_0-48-43.png
    Captain Adam "Huffy" Tracinya
    A Human space captain out to get anyone who he believes is evil or oppressive
    View attachment 125850
    Halkin Kole.png
    Halkin Izuruki
    The first to join Huffy's crew.
    He is still a WIP.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  2. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

sucking at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something!
    and you're already sorta good at it, so now all that's left is to upload more art :DD

3. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

I'm gonna give this one to rhomboid, it's true! Can't wait to see more stuff as you get more versed in the art of art! :)

Adam Tracinya likes this.
  4. Adam Tracinya

Thanks guys, I will keep going with this stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1432902810][/DOUBLEPOST]Wait you are the one does starsketch, that's pretty cool. I knew I saw you before

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Relten, Kaiachi and rhomboid like this.
  5. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

not bad for a start, I've seen much worse by way of beginner digital art, and yours is not that terrible. keep practicing, and you'll do great things! ;)

Adam Tracinya likes this.
  6. Adam Tracinya

Thanks, also do you know any good free programs. I made this on fire alpaca, and while it's great for pixel art, I don't think it's that great for drawing like if you had a paper.

7. rhomboid

Do you have a drawing tablet or do you use a mouse?

8. Adam Tracinya

A mouse.[DOUBLEPOST=1432916226][/DOUBLEPOST]Also is it possible to get onto your list, you know where you draw requests. You have an interesting style. It looks cool.

9. rhomboid

In that case I'm not sure I can help you because I've never managed to make anything even vaguely resembling art with a mouse ^^' If you don't mind using it as a medium then I guess the regular art programs (Like Gimp and the one @Kaiachi just downloaded that I forget the name of) where you can use layers and tools. Otherwise I'd suggest just sticking with traditional means and uploading your art with a camera
    And yes! Just hop on over to my art thread (Ma erts handydandy link) and make a request :) Tyty for the compliment!

10. Malsonic

Malsonic Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Totes second using an art drawing tablet over a mouse (their like mousepads u draw on with fake pens, not a hardware tablet you carry in your hands, for those who don't know); you will see a phenomenal difference in your drawing capabilities when u use one. You can get some decent cheap ones from amazon/walmart for under $30. One of my favorite practices to keep honing your skill is to go back to all your old works and redraw them a couple months/years later. Using newly learned skills on old drawings helps to show how/why they bring up the quality of the work and where to use them in future works. As for a good free program for drawing, I personally recommend Paint.NET. Don't let the name fool you it is a downloadable program and of great quality. I find it much more beginner/user friendly than some of it's more comlexly UI'd sister programs, and it still has all the features you need to produce greatly detailed works like layering and lasso'ind and what not. Most importantly just keep drawing the things ya really love. I'll stop now before I ramble.... lol. Lotsa <3, Peace!

rhomboid likes this.
  11. Adam Tracinya

Thanks for the advice guys.

12. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

The program I'm using now is called Krita. It's completely free to use, and not hard to get used to. It's always more helpful to have a tablet, but the interface comes with shapes and bezier curves that you can use to draw with somewhat. :D It's a drawing tool and MS paint combined, kinda.

13. Elldar

Elldar Spaceman Spiff

It's quite nice, it just needs slight honing and it will be good to go. As of free program to use, I'd say to start with GIMP 2.8, like @rhomboid mentioned. It's quite user friendly and I use it myself(tutorial videos can also be found on youtube). Good luck! :DD

Kaiachi likes this.
  14. Adam Tracinya

Kaiachi thanks for the picture. Its my new profile pic, its awesome.

Last edited: May 31, 2015