My Space Station (WIP)

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by DragonsForce, Jun 3, 2015.

?

Do you think using cheats to obtain building materials is acceptable?

1. Yes.

29 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. No.

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Only for items otherwise unobtainable or with "Cheatcharacters"

16 vote(s)
    32.0%
  1. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

So yeah, I am creating a space station in the asteroid belt around my home planet (For those who don't know, if you go up very high on a planet you reach the asteroid minibiom, where I build this base).
    I used /admin and the rocketboot tech to get up there, because I am way to lazy to actually build my way up there.
    I also used /admin to spawn some of the unobtainable items (for example the Hylotl items and the radar dish) in once to scan them, then reproduced them using pixels. Everything else I got 100% legit.
    upload_2015-6-3_16-56-27.jpeg

2. DragonsForce

Although this is far from beeing finished, I thought I'd show you what I have been up to today:
    I build a new, bigger station part at the end of the bridge you saw in the first screenshot, and already moved most of my crafting items there. I have two magnetic crucibles because I needed it to be symmetrical.
    I also added an avian stim merchant in the room where the coffee machine was before (no screenshot of that today).
    upload_2015-6-4_19-16-56.jpeg

I will keep updating this thread whenever I build bigger segments.

3. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

Nice to see another builder pop out of the woodworks!
    In regards to your poll, different builders build for different reasons.
    Some build for the challenge of using only what they have to make something nice.
    Some build simply because they don't want to use mods.
    Some build for the fun of making their imaginations come true.

As long as you put your heart into doing what you want, there is no wrong way to do it.

4. DragonsForce

I knew that was the case, I really only wanted to know how many people would fall in which categorie. I could not have phrased it as well as you did though...

TrueEdge likes this.
  5. DragonsForce

Ok guys, update on this project! This is what I was working on while on vacation in France without internet.
    First of all, I automated most of the doors, so that I don't need to open and close them manualley every time I have to get from the teleporter to the place where I am currently building.
    I also replaced the boring room with the coffee machine and the crate with an Avian stim merchant:
    upload_2015-7-27_18-33-0.jpeg

Next, I finished the floors I was working on for the other part by first mirroring what I had already build and then furnishing the whole place:
    upload_2015-7-27_18-34-46.jpeg

upload_2015-7-27_18-35-8.jpeg

I am not quite sure what to do with the roof, but I will do something about that.
    I need to build a lot of stuff below this, like living quarters and farms (although some of that will need to go on another station further to the left...)

6. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

That must be so glorious, when it's fully finished. :3

DragonsForce likes this.
  7. Vandrick

Vandrick Phantasmal Quasar

I don't think there's any problem at all using /admin to basically enter "Creative Mode".

As for me, it all depends on my mood. When I play with my friends I have a 100% legit character, and everything we build is only what we can do. Then I have a character specifically for creative mode. I don't mix the two =) I also don't see a problem world-building (as a GM would) using /admin for a multiplayer world.

Anyway, looks great!

8. Enkiyr

Enkiyr Void-Bound Voyager

This project is cool. My house is on an asteroid like this too :D
    If you want some help, I can help you :)
    And I need to say something : when Biirdy and me are constructing things, we use the creative mod for go faster, so I don't think that use cheat is not good. ^^

DragonsForce likes this.