1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback My personal findings

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Cr0ssley, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Cr0ssley

Cr0ssley Void-Bound Voyager

Starbound is a game about space, yet we were missing the whole "Space" part of the game, this update introduced it into the game.

Now some of the problems I'm finding are:
    - Nav Console causes slowdown, especially when in large systems
    - Controls aren't well explained
    - Things seem too small
    - Some movements in the Nav Consol seem too sharp (player ship movement and rotation)
    - Jumping from system to system costs the same amount of fuel and has the same time to travel, it would be cool if the cost and time to travel are changed with distance.

Now by "Things seem to Small" is saying that the anomalies, ships, stations and planets have such a small hitbox that clicking on them to move to is a tiresome trouble, that's why I would suggest a) a small hitbox increase. and b) the possibility to zoom in when on the solar system screen. this can be done with the mouse wheel (Scroll up to increase zoom and vice-versa), Panning when Zoomed in can be done with the middle mouse button or my holding the right mouse button (Opposed to clicking it to move).

Don't get me wrong, these are problems and pet peeves I have about the new nav console. everything else is fine. I love the new update!

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  2. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Alternatively, they could make the size of planetary hitboxes in the navigation screen something you can adjust in the options menu, and maybe have a help button on the side of the navigation screen.

Cr0ssley likes this.