Museum Expansion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AureusWolf, Apr 14, 2017.

?

Would you like to see this in the game?

1. Yes!

85.7%
  2. Maybe

14.3%
  3. Not really

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. NO!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AureusWolf

AureusWolf Subatomic Cosmonaut

I’ve always had a weird habit of collecting nature’s tiny treasures. Flowers, sea shells, bird feathers, rocks, fossils, all of that. I have to say the museum donations is my favorite activity in Stardew Valley but after I donate all the items the museum basically just becomes a background building. I really want the museum to be upgraded to something even better.

Here is my idea for the expansion of the museum.

Requirements: Must have donated 60 items to the museum, must have level 8 fishing and level 5 foraging.

The player will receive a letter from Gunther

“Hello (player name) I have some wonderful news to share with you about the museum. Please come see me as soon as possible! ~Gunther~”

When the player enters the museum, Gunther rushes from behind the counter to meet them at the door.

Gunther: “(Player name) you got my letter I see, I’m so glad you could stop by. I have some good news I’m sure you’ll be happy to hear.“

“The Office of Agriculture and Wildlife has given me a large grant to improve the museum.”

“Lewis and I had a talk and have made an agreement to build a new section of the museum dedicated to plant and wildlife of the valley, isn’t that great?”

The player then has two choices to respond

You collect minerals and artifacts, not plants and animals; why would they send you a grant?

Gunther: “...I uh, may have mentioned that one of our residents would have been more than willing to donate specimens for the new display.”

“I suppose I really should have told you this before Lewis and I already paid for the renovations.”

“But I promise I will make it worth your while. If you donate items for the new displays I will find items to reward you with, just like before Do we have a deal, (player name)?”

<I guess…

Gunther: “Again, I’m very sorry for not telling you this before. I guess I should learn to not be too hasty with large decisions.” (Cutscene ends)

<Sounds like a good deal to me!

Gunther: “Excellent, just come by when you find some specimens to donate. Happy hunting, (player name)!”

That sounds great, can I help find stuff to donate?

Gunther: “Of course you can, I even mentioned to them one of the residents has been very helpful with finding other items and would probably be more than happy to contribute findings to the next exhibit.”

“And as always, I will find items to reward you with for your donations, just like before.”

“Thank you so much for all of this (player name). Happy hunting!” (Cutscene ends)

None of the choices have any effect on friendship with Gunther (If he has a friendship system)

The new donated items will consist of foraged items such as leeks, sweet peas, hazelnuts, mushrooms, tree seeds, and tree liquids like oak resin. These will be kept inside a large wooden box with a glass top and individual sections for every item donated, just like with minerals and artifacts.

Fish (Not including legendary fish because of the one catch limit) Fish will be kept in glass jars on some shelves up against the wall.

Crab pot fish like clams, crayfish and lobsters will be displayed in a section seashell collection box next to the fish jars.

Insects (See my post about bug collecting here- http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/bug-collecting.132108/)

Originally bugs were going to be pinned inside picture frames on the wall but after reading comments on my post I agree it would be better for the insects to stay alive.

Spiders being carnivores and cannibals, I think it would be best for them to be kept in individual terrariums. Add a little bit of realism to it.

Butterflies and dragonflies could share one giant glass fish tank-like structure.

Beetles could also share a large terrarium.

Bird feathers (Will explain in a future post) Will be kept inside pictures frames hung up on the wall.

I know this may seem like a bit much but as I said I love collecting items and the whole donating to the museum thing.

Feedback is very much appreciated.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Ooh I like this one a lot! I tend to like to collect natural items as well so yeah, I'd be all about something like this. We really do need more uses for some of the buildings after we've finished everything, this is a good way to add some more end-game content and keep us busy after the CC is done, and give us a reason to keep coming back to the museum. Good suggestion!

Another one that would tie in with this would be special exotic seeds similar to the Ancient Fruit, where we find one, donate it, get a recipe to craft a seed pack, and can then grow the new plant and turn one in for display. There could be a whole collection of these exotic plants and each one would require special conditions or just a long time to grow.

AureusWolf likes this.