museum collection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lilyrose, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Lilyrose

Lilyrose Tentacle Wrangler

Am I doing something wrong because I'm year 10 in this game and I can't for the life of me stumble upon nautilus fossil and amphibian fossil. I keep checking the beach, forest and the mountain every day and the only things I keep finding the most are clay and mixed seeds. Very annoying

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

You're not doing anything wrong, unless tilting at windmills counts. The Museum Collection is one of the most frustrating things in the game, because no strategy actually makes much of a difference. It's entirely the whim of the RNG what you find, and once you're down to those last couple of artifacts (in my case it was one lousy Strange Doll) all you can do is hope the game throws one your way by pure luck. Fishing for treasure chests with the Treasure Hunter tackle and Magnet bait can help increase the chances of you finding one-- but that does nothing to help change the odds of what you find /inside/ the chest when you open it. Lucky foods and lucky days can give you boosts to finding a couple of the artifacts... but not many. Sorry, but it's really just luck and perseverance.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

The huge problem is the RNG and how it seems to want to give you a ton of something you already have (no, really, I don't need more glass shards!!) and when you are down to one it never seems to want to give you the item...

• La Chair

La Chair Big Damn Hero

I had 12 save files, 1 for each marriage candidate, all into winter of year 4 (at least). Only in 3 of them was I able to complete the museum quest. It is a tough bugger to complete.
          I usually get the fossils fishing or on the beach. My problem is almost always with the Rib Bone and Chipped Pot.

• Lordvan526

Lordvan526 Aquatic Astronaut

I have never completed the collectibles. I have started at least a dozen playthroughs to year 3. I have only found dino eggs in 1, and had about 6 of them in year 1.

• 4leaf clover

4leaf clover Tentacle Wrangler

Carry on my wayward son,
              For there'll be peace when you are done,
              Put your weary head to rest,
              Don't you cry no more~

All I can do for you. Good luck, anyways, you are going to need it.

Lordvan526 likes this.
              • Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

This, basically. Just a case of bad luck. Sometimes the RNG does the opposite though - I started a new playthrough yesterday and already have ~12 spots filled in the midst of spring. I have no idea how this happened.

• Lilyrose

Meh I gave up, it doesn't matter. I am only missing the museum and fishing achievement. Fishing is impossible when it comes to certain fish so I'm calling it a day and leaving a very happy customer since I definitely had tons of fun with this game and just 2 achievements missing is awesome. :)

• blind3rdeye

blind3rdeye Big Damn Hero

For fishing, everything is catchable if you eat a dish of the sea and use a trap bobber. For the museum... I have no advice.

• Lilyrose

Really? lol well guess I'm gonna come back for a while to catch all those fish. Thank you! :)