1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Munari Race 2.1.8, For Starbound 1.3

Adds an aquatic like race called the Munari

1. Motionless

Motionless Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah I see.
    Yeah, I'm still figuring out the munari village. It was a little to symmetrical for my taste and caused lag at times. The island generations was also wacky. I think in the latest mod update it is replaced with just a piece of it. Was going to cut it up into randomized single houses. Still not sure though.

Here is an unofficial quick fix that adds the unseen back as playable and fixes the respawn crash. Default blueprints were switched over to munari ones.
    Munari2.1.3unseenfix
    If there are any other bugs for unseen let me know.

jonathonspy and Lindazana like this.
  2. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

BTW, did I say thank you

Motionless likes this.
  3. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Hi, I'm in the middle of making an extended dialog mod for custom races (since the default conversations are getting quite boring when you use different races and get the same results), and the Munari is planned to be in it. I still have a ton of dialog to go through though, and I could use your help in writing a line or two. (That means you too, Munari fans! Not just the mod-maker!)
    More details: thread link
    And oh, feel free to delete this post if it gets too spam-y. I'm gonna post this on each included race's discussion page.
    Thanks for reading this, at least!

4. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Any chance of possibly allowing the use of this mod in modpacks, on an "ask for permission" basis? It's really sad to see this fully developed and awesome race unable to be used for anything but singleplayer. (I'll totally understand if you say no, but figured it was worth a shot...)

5. Motionless

Changed and allowed.

Lindazana likes this.
  6. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

What brought about the decision to change the ship design so radically from pre 2.0? I know you were having problems with the background not counting as an anchorpoint, though that doesn't explain the complete palette change. I'm not complaining, the new ship is ok, just a little shocking when I looked back at the old versions due to thinking something felt off.

Edit: Not meant to interrogate you, just curious how the designs changed. Tone can be hard to convey via text alone.

7. Motionless

The major decision to change the ship was because of the way the old one expanded. I wanted the ship to feel more like part of the game, more like the other races ships. The way the old one expanded was pretty broken. I added move-able ship parts as a quick fix but I never really liked the idea of it expanding wrong. Basically at one stage of expansion, the ship would add a vertical corridor to the right, which messed up the item placement. So I wanted to fix that, which would have involved changing quite a bit.
    The old ship had a custom background which didn't really fit with the rest of the races ships. It needed to be covered in tiles or players might have been confused as to why they couldn't place anything on the background. I wanted to get rid of those invisible tiles.
    Also the ship had a scaly look to it , which was not a slap on pattern. I had to draw them all, and the dimensions of those scales were off, so I had to fix every seam I came across. That was a huge time sink.

With the newer design I was focusing more on functionality and how it would look against the default ships. I also wanted to release it in a reasonable time frame, so the easiest approach was to just recreate the entire ship with a more simplistic look. One that I could cut up into pieces and expand upon much faster.
    The palette actually did not change much. I kept the palette the same other than dropping the grey-ish main colour. The green and blue highlights are still there. I just swapped the grey for the gold.
    I draw my ships in a grey scale and add colour at the end so it can easily be changed later.

So the short answer would probably be:
    1. Major design flaws in the old design.
    2. Look and feel was too different opposed to the rest of the game.
    3. Time restraints.

If the devs ever add a feature to change ships and custom ships and if I ever have more time, I'd like to try and fix up the old ships and add them back in as an optional choice.
    Of course that would be at the end of the to-do list which is already long as heck and slow going. Lots of things planned yet so little free time.

I hope this answers your question. :)

Lindazana likes this.
  8. Cats123

Cats123 Aquatic Astronaut

I really love this mod! Everything about it's right on point! The sprite art looks like it was directly vanilla Starbound! The designs for everything, and all the new things added are great! I like the nice touches you put in. One thing I've seemed to notice is that Munari have a somewhat sexual culture. I don't have a problem with that though, I think that's alright! All I can say, is that I love this mod! :nuruhappy:

9. Sean10M

Sean10M Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah I grasped that too. A lot of the NPCs I bump into seem to hit on my characters. Which I find rather entertaining actually so that seems fine.

10. demonix

demonix Subatomic Cosmonaut

are you gonna update the mod with the 1.0 ? (to the workshop ?) because i really love it and i really want to play it :)

11. Motionless

Motionless updated Munari Race with a new update entry:

1.0 Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

bluestorm2112 likes this.
  12. storgondul

storgondul Void-Bound Voyager

Am happy this got updated cause none of the normal races really fit for me, hylotl being the one who jumped the most but the 3 eyed thing put me off. only thing i would actually want is a more red markings option, got a blood red god of war style thing goin through me head that would definitely fortify my gigantic fishboner for this mod. good work tho even though half of your features are currently in purgatory.

13. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

14. bluestorm2112

bluestorm2112 Tentacle Wrangler

Will there be steam workshop support?

15. shykitten

shykitten Subatomic Cosmonaut

16. Motionless

I'll add it to steam in a few days. I want to make sure no major bugs are still present.

Edit: As of today 08/07/2016 This mod is now on steam.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    bluestorm2112 likes this.
  17. Motionless

jonathonspy likes this.
  18. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

the frackinraces mod has the Munari have faster swimming, do you think it should have anything else?
    i.e waterbreathing? highly expanded lungs?
    that sort of thing?

19. Motionless

Faster swimming and waterbreathing would be the most accurate ones, if it isn't too overpowered. Otherwise faster swimming is fine.

jonathonspy likes this.
  20. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

ok, i'll go post that on the thread.