1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Mummies?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Scottish Pig, May 27, 2012.

?

Mummies: Yay or Nay?

1. Yay, mummies!

77.8%
  2. Nay, no mummies!

3.7%
  3. Maybe.

18.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayne Cobb

Jayne Cobb Big Damn Hero

Yes that is my thought as well

Incidentally does anyone have thoughts on this?

2. diskincluded

diskincluded Big Damn Hero

If the ancient Egyptians had access to modern technology, there'd likely be stories of mummies driving taxis and blogging anyway, so saying that a mummified Avian making use of Avian tech doesn't make sense is wrong.
    Still, if we're looking at the undead, what about undead Avians who weren't so well preserved? I can see it now, rotting flesh hanging off the body, talons skittering across the stones of the temple floor, its mouth opens and for a moment there's a deathly hush... suddenly an unearthly screech rips through the air, piercing through the mind and laying bare the instinctual fear of the dark, terror overwhelming you as answering screeches cry forth from deeper within the temple!
    You try to run, but your legs won't move, it's as though the echoes of the hideous creature's cry have turned them to stone!

3. Jayne Cobb

Jayne Cobb Big Damn Hero

I'm gonna say no^

Doesn't fit with the game (at least my thoughts of it)

4. Cosmin Negoita

Cosmin Negoita Phantasmal Quasar

It's bad that a lot of people are mentioning all kinds of creatures as playable characters. While most of the creature ideas are good (even mummies), I wouldn't really like to play as fat penguins, tech raptors or mummies.

The Avians are fitting as playable characters because they have the same shape and size as the humans. I could say the same about the monkeys either.

Anyway, I would like to encounter mummies in abandoned temples or deserts :)

5. TheHolyWombat

TheHolyWombat Subatomic Cosmonaut

that sounds AWESOME

6. SashaTheDane

SashaTheDane Poptop Tamer

Im not sure if they are egyptian, and even if they are, they look like Isis, which is the god of sun (i think?).

7. Force2Reckon

Force2Reckon Phantasmal Quasar

Isis (Ancient Greek: Ἶσις, original Egyptian pronunciation more likely Aset) is a goddess in Ancient Egyptian religious beliefs, whose worship spread throughout the Greco-Roman world. She was worshipped as the ideal mother and wife as well as the patron of nature and magic. She was the friend of slaves, sinners, artisans, and the downtrodden, and she listened to the prayers of the wealthy, maidens, aristocrats, and rulers.[1] Isis is often depicted as the mother of Horus, the hawk-headed god of war and protection (although in some traditions Horus's mother wasHathor), and she is depicted suckling him in an attitude similar to that of the Virgin Mary with the Child Jesus.[2] Isis is also known as protector of the dead and goddess of children.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis

Close :p also read your siggy, that sucks, my little brother had the same problem but he learned to do extreme workouts and play sports right after eating, forced his body to absorb and use the nutrients or something, pretty tough little guy (he's 12), also congratulations (?) on the "big order"

8. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Don't forget they could have a "generic god" from a "generic religion" or something. Since its an alien race they could have their own set of things. Cant really apply human logic, for all we know they could take their dead and TWANG THEM INTO A TREE. (if anyone gets the reference your awesome)

9. SashaTheDane

Close, but no cigar. I remembered wrongly about Isis then. I only remember Isis from Age of Mythology. Also about the "order": Try waking up after being unconcius, and look down to see them, alot bigger than ever expected, i was not sure what to feel, but i ended up being happy, and i still am. These things are awesome ^-^ (Some (Quite a handful amount actually) girls are jealous though. Too bad for them :p)

Force2Reckon likes this.
  10. Force2Reckon

I do ;) lol jk it's good that it worked out.

11. Swinburn

Swinburn Phantasmal Quasar

Mummification is not primitive, it is religious.

12. SashaTheDane

Indeed it did ;)

Exacly.

13. Force2Reckon

Ender series I believe? Hmmm?

14. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Nope, not sure what Ender series is actually.

15. I don't think there's any mention of mummies being playable here...just mentioning their existence. If anything, having mummy-esque clothing would suffice instead of an entirely new race of mummies.

And yeah, I get more of an Aztec vibe from the Avians rather than an Egyptian one.

diskincluded likes this.
  16. Force2Reckon

It's not Enders Exile? The alien pigs who ritually carve the corpses of their fallen and plant them and they grow into trees?

17. Force2Reckon

The OP does not comment on, or mention, mummies being a playable race, but several people have commented stating that they think it would be a good idea, it kinda just spiraled from there.

18. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

Just cuz its Sci-fi, dosnt mean some Aztecs couldnt have discover space travel and did voodo on another planet. Same with egyptions...

19. Tolisk

Tolisk Big Damn Hero

Mummys, in starbound? Only if Mummy = Space HoBo In disguise.

MurkyDragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.