multiple file type extensions in one?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by ScamperNZ, Dec 8, 2013.

1. ScamperNZ

ScamperNZ Space Hobo

Hey, I am currently making some new items, but I've become stuck.

I wish to make a pickaxe with a flashlight attached, but after putting the following code into my new .miningtool file to create the light also, it didn't work.

Code:
      "lightPosition" : [4, 0],
      "lightColor" : [255, 255, 255],
      "beamWidth" : 0.1,
      "ambientFactor" : 0.5
    I have a feeling It not only has to be .miningtool to function as a pickaxe, but it also has to be .flashlight to function as a flashlight?

How can I solve this please, and also, where are the filetype definitions stored, so that I can try creating a new hybrid type?

Thanks.

2. ScamperNZ

ScamperNZ Space Hobo

I would love an answer please :)

3. Whitey

Whitey Poptop Tamer

As far as I know, you can't currently have "hybrid type" tools. That being said, everything's pretty new and we're all working it out as we go along. Keep testing and let us know what you find out!

I'm guessing if you can't do it via those definitions, it might be possible down the track with some clever logic functions once the LUA API is complete.

4. crusender

crusender Space Penguin Leader

right now all file extension are lock to a pattern, like when making .miningtool it got lock to some rules we cant over pass, so you cant use some function, i play whit it for hour and hour.... and i still cant make a good animation for my incoming mod for new set of tool.

5. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

If you can have a helmet that can light up a certain amount of space, why can't you have a pickaxe that does the same?

6. ScamperNZ

ScamperNZ Space Hobo

Are you saying that there is a helmet that provides light?

Can you please point me to the file location of this? or if it is a mod, the mod's page?

thanks.

7. Shordan

Shordan Aquatic Astronaut

Darn, I was thinking of doing the same thing.
    I implemented the tool but no light was emitted in game, guess there is no fix yet. :(
    A compromise could be making a 1 handed pickaxe... I'm thinking about doing that (if possible).