1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion Multiplayer Issues/Questions...

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by King Daddy, Dec 8, 2016.

1. King Daddy

King Daddy Void-Bound Voyager

My wife, daughter and I are trying to play multiplayer together, but are having a few issues. Right now we are connecting through Steam, with me inviting them into my game. For some reason, only my wife seems to be having connection issues. She'll get what appears to be lag spikes, where she'll appear to skip or stand still to my daughter and I, and we appear the same to her. However there seems to be no issues for me or my daughter. Is there some type of setting that could be causing problems only for her? Since we're all in the same room, should we even be connecting through Steam? Should we connect through LAN instead, and if so how would we set that up?

Also, how does quest completion work in multiplayer? For example, if we complete the Erchius Mining Facility do we all get credit , or do we have to run it thee different times?

Thanks in advance.

2. AndreasDragon

AndreasDragon Phantasmal Quasar

I'm not sure how to fix the lag problems as I too get lag when playing with my siblings on the same ip, nor do I know how to set up a lan connection, but the second question I can answer, The Erichus quest will be completed only in that universe that you all are on, so if you all go to your own universe you all would have not only activate the portal to the outpost again you'll have to do the Erichus quest again.

3. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Does the computer have any different specs than the other 2? Cus if so that ciuls be your answer

Playing Multiplayer carries progression made on Single Player. If you already finished a mission then you wouldnt get the credit for doing it, because it technically would be a replay.

If all 3 of you restarted then all 3 would get the credit at once, so you wouldnt need to do it 3 times. The loot at the end you would need to share between 3 however