Tool MultiBound - Starbound Profile Launcher a la MultiMC

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by zetaPRIME, Sep 14, 2016.

1. MattSpades

MattSpades Void-Bound Voyager

I have a question.
    I have a Workshop Collection I made for myself and subscribed to it.
    However, when I select literally any other profile (Standard, Example Modpack, Any other Collection I have pasted), the game still have all the mods I've subscribed to and doesnt change anything. Even changing to another collection only loads the mods that that Collection and mine have in common. This results in me having to unsub and delete all mod files from the Workshop folder for Starbound.

Am I doing something wrong, or is Multibound not working correctly?

I have to mention that it used to swap modpacks and collections correctly before, but I do not recall when it started to behave this way.

2. glassdragon

glassdragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This looks great! I have just one question: it wouldn't happen to work on Mac, would it?

3. Raikuen

Raikuen Big Damn Hero

This is extremely confusing for me, I eventually just made a copy of the 'Standard: No Fracking Universe' one and added in another steam workshop mod at the end ' "731220462", // EnhancedStorage ' I'm guessing the name doesn't matter. This didn't work at first because it loaded up with the mod still active. After several frustrating tries of just changing the name I realized that the id was of a smaller number than the last ones in the Frackin Universe instance. I put it as the start of the blacklist and now it suddenly does work. Why exactly is that?
    I moved it in correct order of lowest to highest id number now which seems to work.

I think a more detailed explanation than just paste it in there would be helpful.

4. togie14

togie14 Void-Bound Voyager

how do you blacklist all workshop mods and ONLY load mods from inst:/mods/ without having to manually typing each on in ?

5. elfloveuranium

elfloveuranium Void-Bound Voyager

what is it mean "edit multibound.config with your starbound.exe location if you installed it"

6. ChargedDwarf

ChargedDwarf Space Hobo

I'm sorry, but I'm completely confused. I understand that i just need to copy and paste the links, but where exactly do I put them?

7. ChargedDwarf

ChargedDwarf Space Hobo

It worked when I first downloaded it, but now it won't open at all.

8. Kaireo

Kaireo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Anyone got an idea to make the launcher work with steam? When I use this launcher steam doesn't acknowledge that I'm running starbound so my friends don't know whether I'm playing or not and that steam won't record my hours played

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  9. zy8550957

zy8550957 Big Damn Hero

The game will still load all my mods if Steam is running, is there any way to prevent it?

10. spyroguy

spyroguy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there a way to add non-Workshop mods into an instance with workshop mods? FU got removed from the Steam Workshop because the owner's a jerk, but I need it to play on a server I frequent and want to switch over to multibound

11. LoopyZach

LoopyZach Void-Bound Voyager

I'm confused; What does it want me to do? I put stuff in the starbound common file stuff, but it doesn't work, and then it tells me to check the config, and then I check, and it just confuses me even more. I don't know what it means by 'starbound binary', and I found a folder named 'platforms' in the win64 file, but it didn't really help me. I'm just really confused.

12. LoopyZach

LoopyZach Void-Bound Voyager

well I put the contents of the zip file into its own file, but now I've hit a roadblock. how do I 'set' the starboundPath like it wants me to?

13. Melerick

Melerick Big Damn Hero

I am really confused and cant run it...
    This isnt working :/
    I dont really know where i fu**ed up...
    I ve downloaded it, unzip, follow the inside instructions. But... No :/
    When i run, one of the 2 options bug, the other one make the game completly normal.

In the first thing, i am not english so its kinda hard to understand well, every "specific" informatic words.
    So i may be have done something wrong, but i dont think so.

And it seems i am not the only one having trouble.
    It could be REALLY nice that you edit and Pin in your first message, an "How to make it work" with pictures or a video.

Edit: oh, and thanks for creating this, even it hard to use/unusable/not working fine.
    I mean, i have 50 mods on my game, and i want to have a vanilla multiplayer game with my friends, so when Multibound is going to work properly, imma enjoy playing with my friends :)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  14. Tsunderman

Tsunderman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I can use this, but a friend using the same modpack with Steam in D: can't get it to open the modpack. Instead, when he clicks launch, it just pops him into his steam folder. Any clue?