1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Multi-track Jukebox V1.000001

A jukebox that can play multiple song tracks.

1. Storm_UK

Storm_UK Existential Complex

Storm_UK submitted a new mod:

Multi-track Jukebox - A jukebox that can play multiple song tracks.

Read more about this mod...

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  2. Storm_UK

3. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Does this let you choose the tracks you want to play? :DD

4. Storm_UK

Not directly as such yet - you can turn on/off quickly to advance the track number though, as they play in track order (or random via shuffle.) I hope to add a proper UI later when time permits to select tracks.

Iroaseta likes this.
  5. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

That's nice, I shall wait patiently until then. :D

6. HyperMan19680

HyperMan19680 Pangalactic Porcupine

If I were to add songs, where would a good place be to put them in my Starbound folder?

7. Storm_UK

I'd suggest once this mod has been placed in mods folder, create a music folder inside the stormsjukebox folder (at same level as the recipes folder inside.) So Starbound/mods/stormsjukebox/music. Then in the objects file,

"track#" : { "pool" : ["/music/filename.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },

as appropriate as explained in the readme.txt. I think Starbound will also accept mp3 as well as ogg. I'll add a music folder myself to this mod for ease in when I next update it.

8. Tini_weni

Tini_weni Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Open Your Starbound\mods\stormsjukebox folder,
    Create a new folder called sfx
    Inside that folder is where you will add your music.
    and keep in mind that all this is case-sensitive.

Examples:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\stormsjukebox\sfx\

You will also need to add that path to your storms_jukebox.object file.
    Should look like this:
    "track1" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/YourSong1.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track2" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/YourSong2.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },

Also there is Track Information that will have to be set:
    lets break it down,
    //* track 2 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],

//* track 2 */ = the track number, be sure to remove the 1 of the 2 forward slash // at the beginning of each track you use.

The numbers 120 represents the Track duration in seconds, this will need to be set to the music track you use.

"Artist" and "Title" can be set to what ever you like, This shows up as a message over head of the jukebox.

How it should look Once completed:

/* track 1 */ [ 343, "Your"," Song 1" ],
    /* track 2 */ [ 373, "Your"," Song 2" ],

You may also add colours to the text "Your"," Song 1"

^orange; This text is Orange
    ^cyan; This text is Cyan

colours:
    red
    orange
    yellow
    green
    blue
    indigo
    violet
    black
    white
    magenta
    darkmagenta
    cyan
    darkcyan
    cornflowerblue
    gray
    lightgray
    darkgray
    darkgreen
    pink
    clear (fully transparent)

Example:
    /* track 2 */ [ 373, "^orange;Your","^cyan;Song 1" ]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    BananaBaiter and Holy-Freak like this.
  9. estrico

estrico Void-Bound Voyager

I have a issue with this mod.
    I did everything wich is said by Teni_weni, in order to add tracks.
    But when I want to craft the jukebox, the game crashs.
    So please, explain me the nature of my issue, I will extremely greatful to this !
    Also, the path used by the first track does'nt exist, even if it is played perfectly when used in the game.

10. Storm_UK

Could you link a pastebin of your editted stormsjukebox.object please?

The first track is meant as an example/placeholder, but the path does exist just contained within the games packed assets.

11. MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

How bout something that can play abc's? Preferrably more at once, synced? I have many tracks and no friends to play them with. :(

12. estrico

Ok here is the line that I have modified:

"track1" : { "pool" : ["/music/title-theme-concept-old.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track2" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Fight!Alkaiser!.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },

/* track 1 */ [ 124, "^orange;° Chucklefish","^cyan;Original Starbound Concept Theme" ]
    /* track 2 */ [ 544, "Artist", "Title" ],

On this point,the jukebox dispear of my world and inventory, and the game crash when I want see the craft by clicking on gear icon of Wiring Station.
    I had checked everything about the path of the tracks but even by using search bar, I could'nt find the "title-theme-concept-old.ogg". Do you have any idea about it ?

Also, I replaced the first track with his path, by second one:

"track1" : { "pool" : ["/Music/Fight!Alkaiser!.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track2" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },

/* track 1 */ [ 344, "^orange;° Chucklefish","^cyan;Original Starbound Concept Theme" ]
    //* track 2 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],

The game does'nt crash when I want the craft and the first music plays perfecly.

BUT !

When I add a new track:

"track1" : { "pool" : ["/Music/Fight!Alkaiser!.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track2" : { "pool" : ["/Music/la-marmelade-de-ma-grand-mere-getmob.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },

/* track 1 */ [ 344, "^orange;° Chucklefish","^cyan;Original Starbound Concept Theme" ]
    /* track 2 */ [ 216, "^green;°Artist", "^green;Title" ],

The game crash as said in my first issue.

13. Storm_UK

Ah, you need to set the commas correctly as well under track info. For example, if your jukebox uses just two tracks:

Code:
    /* track 1 */ [ 344, "Artist", "Title" ],
    /* track 2 */ [ 216, "Artist", "Title" ]
    //* track 3 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],

The last listed used track line in the tracks info section should have no comma whilst all the above lines in that section should end in a comma.

I'm not positive on how the abc files are played by starbound but I think they are done engine side using instrument active items, which probably would make such difficult to add. I'll try and find out some more.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    Holy-Freak likes this.
  14. estrico

YES ! Finaly it works !
    Thank you for the info. :D

15. figs

figs Void-Bound Voyager

I installed the mod, but i couldn't find it in the wiring station and when i went to the mod list on the starbound menu page it shows up with yellow letters , all the other mods im using have white letters... maybe im missing something ?

16. Fenrir1951

Fenrir1951 Void-Bound Voyager

I need help. The mod works without custom musics but when I try to add one and try to craft the jukebox the game crashes...
    I created two sfx folders: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\stormsjukebox\sfx\cat.ogg and C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\assets\sfx\cat.ogg
    Here's my storms_jukebox.object
    //-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=[ Track file path ] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    "track1" : { "pool" : ["/music/title-theme-concept-old.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track2" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/cat.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track3" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track4" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track5" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track6" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track7" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track8" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track9" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track10" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track11" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track12" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track13" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track14" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track15" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track16" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track17" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track18" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track19" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 },
    "track20" : { "pool" : ["/sfx/Folder/Folder/TrackName.ogg"], "rangeMultiplier" : 1 }
    }
    },
    //-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Track Info -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    //-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-[ Track Time, "Artis", "Song Name" ]-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    "tracks" : [
    /* track 1 */ [ 124, "^orange;° Chucklefish","^cyan;Original Starbound Concept Theme" ]
    /* track 2 */ [ 338, "C418", "Cat" ],
    //* track 3 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],
    //* track 4 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],
    //* track 5 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],
    //* track 6 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],
    //* track 7 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],
    //* track 8 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],
    //* track 9 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],
    //* track 10 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],
    //* track 11 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],
    //* track 12 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],
    //* track 13 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],
    //* track 14 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],
    //* track 15 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],
    //* track 16 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],
    //* track 17 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],
    //* track 18 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],
    //* track 19 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ],
    //* track 20 */ [ 120, "Artist", "Title" ]
    ]

17. Fenrir1951

Fenrir1951 Void-Bound Voyager

Whoops... I forgot to remove the , at the end and add to the first one... hehe... Now it's working fine :D

18. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Question, is it possible to have more than one jukebox object? For example, can I have one jukebox set to play one whole CD, and a separate one for a different CD?

19. Storm_UK

You can, you simply need to duplicate the .object and .recipe files and provide a different object name in each of the files inplace of "storms_jukebox", then set the tracks of that new object.

20. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cool, thanks. Now to figure out what tunes to add :nuruwink: