1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed MSVCP140.dll

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Kufell, Aug 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kufell

Kufell Pangalactic Porcupine

Game won't launch from Steam, and trying to launch the EXE directly results in the following:
    Code:
    ---------------------------
    starbound_opengl.exe - System Error
    The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
    OK 

Edit:
    Trying to launch the Launcher directly results in the following additional error:
    Code:
    launcher.exe - System Error
    The program can't start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
    OK  

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Please post bug reports in Billing and Support.
    I have moved the post for you.

You will see a folder in starbound says prereqis.

inside will be a ffew files.
    Choose one - if you are using 64 bit or 32 bit. Install and then it should work.

3. Syzygy

Syzygy Big Damn Hero

I have the same problem, those steps didn't fix it

4. The | Suit

Based on the type of computer you have - you will need to restart after it installs.

5. Syzygy

Syzygy Big Damn Hero

Just restarted, still getting the same error

6. The | Suit

Well that error is essentially you are missing the visual basic 2015 run time libraries.
    You should check your control panel - [ where you uninstall apps ] to make sure you installed it, also make sure you didn't install both by accident. If you did remove one.

Capture.PNG

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  7. Syzygy

Syzygy Big Damn Hero

Ok, found the solution! For some reason I have to have both the x64 and the x86 for it to run, not just one or the other. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Well, the launcher runs now at least, now there's a new problem, but I'll make a new thread for that one.

8. Kr1shna

Kr1shna Void-Bound Voyager

Found the solution too - on Win10 i've installed Visual Studio (free version) and installer have updated vc libraries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.