1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Movement Artifacts in Fullscreen and Borderless Windowed

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by lornlynx, Jul 13, 2017.

1. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

Hi, recently wanted to play again but I recongize a strange issue, when I play in Fullscreen or Borderless Windowed Mode, I get some artifacts for everything moving. I.E. the mouse cursor leaves a short smear behind, when I jump a lot of the pixels stay at the same place for some time.
    It works perfectly fine with windowed mode. I also had the game already installed on the same PC when 1.0 came out where things worked out fine as well, but I had to reset my system and now I have these issues. I ran Windows 10 then and do so now, so pc hardware and system are probably not the issue. (The pc is powerful enough to run much more taxing games without issues and it did so as well with Starbound)

Things I already tried were: checking for driver updates, disabling vsync, disabling the Nvdia recording program (which actually solved a fullscreen fps issue I had), disabling other background-programs like flux, disabling antivirus program, disabling steam overlay, checking power settings for maximum, changing nvidia program settings for most optimal with actual gfx card use and no vsync, starting in 32bit mode

I still think it is maybe a certain setting of the Nvidia stuff or of windows, but I am out of ideas at this point.

2. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal