Most Profitable Season/Year?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jack Of Shades, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

For those of us that coordinate our farms and funds for maximum return per season, what was your most profitable season or most profitable year?

What did you use to get to that point?

What's your best season for making high return on profits?

• ValleyBoi

ValleyBoi Big Damn Hero

I think Fall.

• Jhanacah

Jhanacah Intergalactic Tourist

If only relying on my farm I actually would say it is spring year 3 for me. At that time I unlocked the greenhouse for starfruit and have enough strawberryseeds. Maybe some can buy enough strawberryseeds in year 1 to have a good start in year 2 but i hadn't enough gold for that.
        Not to mention you can have a bunch of full barns & coops at that time + Blue Jazz Honey which you can choose to make mead from. I am too lazy to let the mead age so I sell the Jazz Honey.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
        • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

A very profitable crop combo for your first spring is garlic with purchased oil. 10 cloves + 1 oil = Oil of Garlic, which you can sell for 1000 gold. And garlic only requires 4 days to grow. True, it's a determinate crop, so you'll have to keep buying and planting it--but the joy of having all that gold metal pulling down your farming overalls until you trip over them surely outweighs all the negatives.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

You cannot grow garlic in year one unless you're modding the game (or you get very lucky with the Traveling Cart stock)-- it's one of the 'new crops' (i.e. Garlic, Red Cabbage, and Artichokes) only available from Pierre starting in the second year. It would be a profitable second-Spring combo, if you're still looking for one after your first year. (And by then you could also be making your own oil from corn at a fraction of the purchase cost.)

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Point. That's missing from the wiki under Garlic, though present under Crops. I'd assumed I grew it first year, as it's been a while since I've had the game up.

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

On my current farm I have 180 bee houses. So fall is easily the most profitable season. Fairy Rose honey sells for 952 g a piece (with the artisan perk) and bee houses produce every 3-4 days.

• thatthing890

thatthing890 Space Hobo

I always find that Spring is always a good season for me idk why though

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

The nice thing about animals is the year round income. Winter is still my least profitable month though because pigs don't dig truffles in Winter and thats always 20-30k a day for 12 of them.

• Jack Of Shades

I'm one of those guys that makes a monocrop farm. If it's Spring-Fall, I'm rolling in gold. I basically cover my entire farm in Ancient fruit (as well as the greenhouse) and load buildings/the bus tunnel with kegs. Then casks elsewhere for added currency.

• DracoValley

DracoValley Poptop Tamer

It's gonna be Summer/Fall for me. Planted and harvested around 2000 Starfruits and now have 4 barns filled with kegs processing it all into wine to sell by the end of fall/early winter. Also have my cask's working away. Technically payday will be in Winter, but the groundwork for it all began in Summer.

• Jack Of Shades

Talk about a cash crop. Lol

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Tell me when you manage to somehow move all this into reality, and I'll be really, really impressed.

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Dang....I do not have the patience to do something like that.

By the way, nice Alaska skin. ;)

• DracoValley

DracoValley Poptop Tamer

I haven't gotten any of the expensive items yet so I'm getting impatient hahahaha

I can post a screenshot of all the wine before I ship it if you'd like! It does take a full day to collect/restock all 4 deluxe barns. Like, up at 6, faint in the last barn hahahaha. I'm on my final "big" harvest of all the wine. 540 altogether for the barns and then I have about 20 kegs in the greenhouse which is also growing Starfruits year round. Whatever is left over I'll just go back to putting in one barn.

I barely have the patience for it and was regretting it so much hahahaha. I actually bled 2mil getting everything for it set it up. Clint, Robin, Sandy and Pierre are rich now. 540 oak resin XO
                                I was looking through my pictures for one to upload and the Queen of Snakes was there by chance!

sunlite likes this.
                                • MsMeiriona

MsMeiriona Phantasmal Quasar

It depends on the save and the map, but winter is when usually my casks pop, so if I've been ancient fruit wine making, that's typically it, especially since I tend to spend most of winter in the mines. I should be able to get the expensive stuff I want soon on my latest active file, but... I have a lot of saves.

• DracoValley

DracoValley Poptop Tamer

Just finished up the last wine collection and sold it all. The results. For reality sakes :nod:

Two of the 4 deluxe barns full to the brim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]After collecting all the wine that came from the Summer Starfruit crop

[​IMG]

Selling all the wine/animal produce (The animal produce collection started last Winter, it's now Fall 17)

[​IMG]
                                    [​IMG]
                                    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
                                    I had 3.6mil beforehand, now my current total. It was ALOT more than I thought I'd get honestly hahahaha

[​IMG]
                                    [​IMG]

• Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your poor animals lol. Do they even fit into their barns?

• Jack Of Shades

I'm a Dwarf at heart, so I'm in the mines on Minecraft and Stardew like 90% of the time. lol

I think 2 of your photos didn't show up, but wow! Can't argue with those results. xD I like your home layout.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Not quite what I asked for, was it? -When you can bring all this over into our reality, let me know. ;)