1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Most popular race

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by MoonBeast, Dec 20, 2013.

?

Which race is most popular?

1. Human

91 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. Glitch

95 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. Floran

183 vote(s)
    27.9%
  4. Avian

91 vote(s)
    13.9%
  5. Hylotl

72 vote(s)
    11.0%
  6. Apex

50 vote(s)
    7.6%
  7. Novakid

75 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Untrustedlife

Untrustedlife Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Glitch. they are awesome.

2. DeltaV

DeltaV Pangalactic Porcupine

Apex. Florans irritate me because everyone plays them and so, on RP servers for example, you can't get away from them.

3. Untrustedlife

Untrustedlife Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why are floran so popular??

4. Xronim

Xronim Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have been seeing more humans than anything else on multiplayer.

5. Shlomo

Shlomo Void-Bound Voyager

People are crazy about the Florans for some reason, followed by the Avians and Hylotl.

6. gabbo13

gabbo13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i picked Novakid purely because of my old west farming emporium story im going to make :D

7. Dragcun

Dragcun Subatomic Cosmonaut

Having to go for Glitch here...1: they are robots.....2: They have freakin CASTLES!!!! Sure the humans got bunkers to hide in and the Floran got there nice little tribal villages....but frankly as far as Im concerned a castle has got class lol

8. Lemuria

Lemuria Subatomic Cosmonaut

Everyone ssecretly likess to sstab.

LastDay likes this.
  9. Shadestyle

Shadestyle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A small boring minority, Like humans are in-game!

10. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

The way they ssspeak iss fun to imitate. :)
    Also the way they keep talking about stabbing is funny.

Some of their their comments on items are really funny, too!
    Floran on ship's chair: "Smells like Apex butt."
    Floran on Avian sarcophagus: "Sssnack insside iss not fresh."
    Floran upon examining a torture rack: "*Uncontrollable giggles*" :D

The other races have funny comments, too, but Florans have a ton of them.

Many funny races in other games are silly looking and/or annoying, which divides people into those who really love the race and those who hate them.
    Think of Gnomes of WoW or Asura of GW2 for example. Or to lesser extent some of the Elcor in Mass Effect.
    Meanwhile Florans are actually very sleek looking and rarely all that annoying.
    Some of the people who REALLY get into the lore hate them, though, for the horrible things they have done as a race to others, especially to the Hylotl.

Florans are my favorite race, although I like ALL the races a lot!
    They all have interesting things to them.
    I am curious to see if Novakids beat them in popularity once they are playable in stable.

Emm38 likes this.
  11. colorbeam

colorbeam Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I tend to only play human. Idk why....I think it's because I like flying through the universe as a sprite that looks like me.

12. Starboundcommunity566

Starboundcommunity566 Pangalactic Porcupine

Usually play as human because I like their tech/armor until the mods update. I don't go much for the different time zones thing of the glitch, hylot, and birds.

13. HerpyDerpy

HerpyDerpy Space Hobo

this is true, since apex are just devolved humans. (yet smarter?!) I thing Avians are the closest thing to a furry since it looks like a woman made love with a bird and gave birth.

14. HerpyDerpy

HerpyDerpy Space Hobo

as for my favorite race? I can't decide between apex and glitch.

15. Gon009

Gon009 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Voted for Avian. I'm playing Avian, I like grounded society and I find pirates interesting... however I find worshipers quite meh. And I find Avian ship the least interesting. When it comes to culture I personally Iove Hylotl one because I'm fan of feudal Japan culture mainly of Sengoku and Edo period. And I find "The Deep" soundtrack the best track(Hylotl Radio). Well, I'm wearing Hylotl armor in cosmetic slots on my Avian and I have few Pond sets in all colors but pink one.

Apex are not that bad. They are the third one in my eyes not far behind Hylotl because I also like Apex ultramodern theme and they have the most interesting lore in my eyes. But I can't stand Big Ape's album song from Miniknog villages.