1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Most popular race

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by MoonBeast, Dec 20, 2013.

?

Which race is most popular?

1. Human

91 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. Glitch

95 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. Floran

183 vote(s)
    27.9%
  4. Avian

91 vote(s)
    13.9%
  5. Hylotl

72 vote(s)
    11.0%
  6. Apex

50 vote(s)
    7.6%
  7. Novakid

75 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Sir Orange

Sir Orange Ketchup Robot

>Says to get back on track
    >Moments later he edits to say "are herbsexuals weird ?"

My face when
    facepalm.jpg

2. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Not getting that reference for some reason but I love the cheap minimalistic hazmats they wear ^^

To bring the thread back to the rail (or attempting to (which probaly fails)):

The current distribution on favourite races might change when the racial armor effects are added to the game.

If humans are just able to "carry more stuff" and wont get changed like promised then I really see black for seing humans on multiplayer (or atleast seing people using human armor). That advantage seems to be kinda... boring compared to higher run speed and jump height, breathing underwater, gliding and photosynthesis. Same for the amazingly unamazing ability to mine faster with glitch armor, though that might have some nice uses.

3. Sir Orange

Sir Orange Ketchup Robot

It's a reference to the game series "S.T.A.L.K.E.R." (call of prypiat, shadow of prypiat and whatnot)

4. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Oh thats why the hazmats look fairly russian haha ^^
    Hope that guys watch out for anomalies ^^

5. Captain Samson

Captain Samson Master Chief

[quote="

The current distribution on favourite races might change when the racial armor effects are added to the game.

If humans are just able to "carry more stuff" and wont get changed like promised then I really see black for seing humans on multiplayer (or atleast seing people using human armor). That advantage seems to be kinda... boring compared to higher run speed and jump height, breathing underwater, gliding and photosynthesis. Same for the amazingly unamazing ability to mine faster with glitch armor, though that might have some nice uses.[/quote]

I wonder what kind of armor and effects the Novakids are getting.

6. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

[​IMG]

Jonesy likes this.
  7. SUPPERJOMAN

SUPPERJOMAN Space Spelunker

When the Novakid are out I'll play as one, Right now I play as a floran or avian. I tend to see a lot of Glitch or Avians, not much Apex on the server I play on, the owner is a Floran character btw.

8. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

I wonder what kind of armor and effects the Novakids are getting.[/quote]

Same here, they have quite an interesting concept and would actually love playing as an energy based entity. But there isnt much revealed about them so I am really pumped to find out their racial armor bonus

9. Windcaller

Windcaller Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My favorites are Avians, Hylotl, and Glitch for their cultures. Each race is very well-made, to be honest. ^^

10. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

Kind of necroed, but I have no problem with that. Never understood why anyone did.

Figured that I might as well point out that the the Starbound wikia has had a poll going for a while that asks what race people play as. Humans are in the lead with nearly 22% of all votes; next highest are the Glitch with 18.44%. The Florans, who have a hefty lead in this poll, are trailing with a measly 15.7% in the wikia poll.

11. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I'm curious what % are playing Avali ;)

12. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

A necro is fine if the post in question is on topic.

Serenity likes this.
  13. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

More human then human!

14. MahBucket

MahBucket Cosmic Narwhal

I'm an uncreative silly person who always plays as human. :badpokerface:

Serenity likes this.
  15. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

Oh, I know, I've read the rules. It's just that some people complain whenever it happens, and a lot of other forums have rules about it (which I've never understood). You'd think that one centralized post per topic is better than an endless parade of small repeats.

Shaadaris and Serenity like this.
  16. NiamhNyx

NiamhNyx Phantasmal Quasar

i feel i see more glitch than i see of florans on servers.
    like ive seen around 30 glitch ( who all seem to steal my t10 glitch armor set) and 3 other floran.
    but floran master race baby.

17. Rezerkity

Rezerkity Phantasmal Quasar

Florans are selected most often since they have good lore and are quite interesting with their accent, and have very beautiful structures and buildings, armor too.
    Avians are similar, because they also have some nice lore along with their looks.
    Glitch are one of the most popular because they look so great and the mid-evil theme is one that many people enjoy.
    Apex are not often chosen because their character model is apparently 'ugly', but they do have great tech.
    Humans are sometimes chosen because, well, we are all human and some of us like to remake ourselves in the game.
    Hylotl are not the best looking race, and this is why barely anyone is seen playing them - plus their personality irritates some.
    Novakid, who wouldn't want to be a space cowboy that looks like they are made out of the sun?!!

Overall, i don't think certain races are chosen just because furries like them, i am a furry yet i dislike playing as anthropormorphic creatures in most games, i quite like playing Floran due to how beautiful their armors and buildings are.

18. Herrawesome

Herrawesome Space Penguin Leader

I would argue that there is no creativity in playing any race you had not made up, because you didn't create it. If you play a Hyotli, you're still playing someone else's race. That isn't creative.

19. GilieBR

GilieBR Void-Bound Voyager

Foran Master Race.
    *laugh*

20. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

Florans of course, most interesting and deep story development so far and generally cool looking.