1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Most and Least Favorite Monster?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Snow and Ice wolf, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Snow and Ice wolf

Snow and Ice wolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello. I really want to know what everyone's most and least favorite monster is. For me my most favorite monster is the Orbide because of how it looks and attacks, and my least favorite are those Batongs because they are everywhere.

2. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

My favorite monster is the po golem(because I have issues)
    My least favorite is the bulbop(those potatoes are OP!)

3. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

My most favourite one is Poptop! I really love their singing and look.
    My least favourite one is the Bulpops. They're everywhere and always come in groups, keep jumping around and they're so small! It makes them a very frustrating target and they kill me more often than any other monsters since they always gang me up in every direction...and that's why my stuffs like bombs, molotovs and flamethrower are specially reserved for them!
    I must burn them into coals.

Ralij likes this.
  4. Foxcheetah

Foxcheetah Master Chief

My favorite monster is the Lumoth. They're useful AND adorable :D

My least favorite? The Batong. They're hard to hit with a gun, they swarm, and they're literally EVERYWHERE! Besides, I have a vendetta against bats in games.

5. Snow and Ice wolf

Snow and Ice wolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think a Bulpop made me fail a quest, they are also not the best looking. Batongs were my first nemesis though.

6. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Favorite: Poptop. Despite how annoying they can be, I can't ignore that beautiful whistling. Plus, I've always found their transition from the small, cute creature into a hulking mass rather amusing.

Least: Batong. Half the time, I run around with a flashlight. (I don't waste time placing light sources usually) Whenever I see one, I have to switch to my weapon. Everything goes dark, it starts hitting me from every direction, but I can't hit IT! :mad:

7. Steamwolf

Steamwolf Void-Bound Voyager

My Favourite would be the Lilodon, because it's so darn cute!
    But for the one I hate the most, I am split between Batongs and Gleaps, because they are just annoying.

8. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

My favorite has to be the Adult Poptop, just because it's so big. My least favorite would probably be Gleaps.

9. Lone_Chosen_Dweller

Lone_Chosen_Dweller Orbital Explorer

My favorite is Gosmet, they are very cool imo and they were the first creature that I caught.

My least favorite has to be the Oogler because they always seem to charge at me from seemingly nowhere and I had a terrible first experience with them.

10. Littleman9Mew2

Littleman9Mew2 Zero Gravity Genie

[​IMG]
    Favorite monster would have to go to the Erchius Ghost. As due to it being the only threat on the moon and a unique monster in it's own right, I feel like it's a pretty cool monster just because of the fact that it cannot be killed. Also, I like to troll my friends to see if they can kill it, or give 'em a piece of fuel and run away. :nuruevil: Anyway, I feel like it's one of those enemies that just serve as one of those "It's one of mysterious creatures, but you have to figure it out on your own" type of enemies.
    Erchius Ghost > Dungeon Guardian

[​IMG]
    My least favorite, if bosses counted, would be the Erchius Horror. Just due to the mission being so tedious when making a new character and it takes soooo long to do just to fix your ship!:nurusad: However! I think it's a bit better than the next thing due to it having a funny looking BETA design, huh, can't find it, I need to look for it....Oh well.

[​IMG]
    However, my least favorite Monster that isn't a boss would be all the flying enemies, just because they can get really annoying when playing as a melee class, UGH!:nuruconfused: Also making a colony without any troops become very annoying when these suckers decide to spawn every 5 minutes.

11. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Favorite would have to be either the removed Serpent Droid, Apex Minidrone or the Scandroid. Now those are some beautiful, streamlined machines. I can't decide!
    As an added bonus Serpent Droids remind me of Droideka, another fearsome robot with an energy shield. I always dreamed of owning one... removed right before capture update? They'd be perfect in the Apex mission, come on. At least I still have my Scandroid<3
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Least favorite would be the Bobot. It's uh, not so streamlined. It doesn't really feel as robotic I suppose. But that's just a preference. Robotics are usually built with a lot of purpose in mind, attack drones, air defense, recon and scanners, but this guy doesn't really seem to excel at any of those. It'd still make a neat character for a robotic fighting arena judge. I want an bot-fighting arena mission now.
    [​IMG]

The Squid likes this.
  12. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

My favorite is the Fennix, since goes well with a character I run and its just fun seeing them run around. [​IMG]

My least favorite is the Spookit, since they can phase out making them impossible to hit for a while along with them passing through blocks. [​IMG]

I also have a thing against most flying mobs since they have a high spawn rate and will swarm you (Its like the Morrowind Cliffracer thing all over again).

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Those. Freaking. Stupid. Little. Jumping. Potatoes.

NNNNNNNGH.

They jump halfway across the screen before you even know they're coming, they come in groups of 6-12 (seriously!) sometimes, and they WILL. NOT. LEAVE. YOU. ALONE.

They are the most annoying worst thing in Starbound, I hate them more than anything in the game.

And they are....EVERYWHERE.

Fact is, I wish someone would write a mod to get rid of them entirely, from every planet, to completely 100% exterminate every last one of them.

14. Shadow20218

Shadow20218 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any of the machine monsters are our favorite.

The only monster we have found to be actually annoying is Erchius Ghost due to it being unkillable and once it is chasing you, you can't get rid of it.

15. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I don't really care about the stupid ghost, because quite frankly, I can get a full fuel tank worth without the ghost ever being a problem. That, and if you pick up an engineer and mechanic, you'll soon not need fuel whatsoever.

That, and 5,000 pixels at the Infinity Express will solve your problems for quite some time.

Sylxeria likes this.
  16. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

Favorite: Fennix. I love them! ^^

Hidari's Most Wanted: I've got a 5 million bounty for anyone who completely eradicates every single Batong from the cosmos. They know what they did. >:c

17. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

My favorite are Ixolings or Lilodons. They're too cute for them to annoy me, except for the Lilodon's scarcity.

As for my least favorite: In fact, I find Batong easy to deal with. Just dual-wield grenade launchers, throw a few grenades at either the Batongs themselves or the spot they'll path through to get to you once they notice you.

Gleaps
    , on the other hand... They infest my starting planet like a swarm of perpetually-smiling bees.

18. Foxcheetah

Foxcheetah Master Chief

Batongs. I have a vendetta against them. When I saw them in the avian temple mission I was like "HOLD IT CARETAKER! THERES JUST SOMETHING I NEED TO CLEAR UP FIRST!"

19. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Hm, most favourite would have to be Lilodon or Ringram because of the cuteness factor. Least favourite might be Trictus because I can never see them before they pop out and hit me.