1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED More Saplings For Starbound 1.2.2

EVERY tree in the game now drops 2 saplings or more, even the ones that never dropped a sapling

1. KateisLost

KateisLost Cosmic Narwhal

The old version of this mod made( as far as i know) ALL trees drop their saplings. However CF changed a few things in the 1.0 update. I am trying to update this so it will once again make ALL trees drop saplings, but it is taking a little while with real life and all that. I have all the normal trees working just fine, but the special trees (Geometic, icesphere, magictree, steampunk, darkrock, hive, and the like) are different and will take a little more time.

qualiyah and Shadox2.0 like this.
  2. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Ok , nice news if you still work on it ^^

3. qualiyah

qualiyah Phantasmal Quasar

I'm very much looking forward to the updated version! It's a pity the 1.0 version downgraded how your mod works; it sounds like the way it used to work is exactly what I want. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thank you for all your work!

4. KateisLost

Thank you for the kind words:) And you will be happy to know I had a few days off of work and have gotten most of the special trees working again, I have even add the "utilitypole" tree( looks likes a telephone pole) into the game. It was in the assets but unused as far as I could find. So now it will spawn on Scorched City planets.

Still having trouble with the Magictree tree. Oddly it's file structure is different than all the other tree files in the game and I am not sure why. If I can't figure that one out within a few days then I think I will just post the update without it.

qualiyah likes this.
  5. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Infact the utilitypole is in game if i'm right , its even a furniture you can take (like a table or a chest).

I can provide a screen soon if you want , also what do you mean by magictree ?

Also is the pipe in steampunk biome count s a tree by your mod ?

Good luck and thx you.

6. KateisLost

I know that there are two different utility/telephone pole objects that you can find on the Scorched City worlds, but I was never able to find a Tree, something that drops wood logs when chopped down. If you have found such a thing I would love a screenshot of it.

Magictree is the asset name of the large twirly vine tree you find in "Spring" ( lots of flowery grass, and healing water) biomes.

Yes, the cool steampunk pipes are trees and will drop saplings when I update, which should be soonish, Monday maybe.

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  7. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Oh ok , i dont remember of a utilitypole "tree" giving wood but yes if i see i'll give you screen and coord.

Ok for magictree ^^ , and nice for steampunk pipe x)

thx

8. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

So...just for the record, this works for 1.0 and I can get iceball tree saplings, right? Those have always been my favorite trees, and I was always so sad that they didn't drop saplings. :(

9. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

If never your find a planet with these tree , keep coord and build on it less as possible , if never after try between some update of the mod you remove all you can refresh the plannet while removing the planet file , and be able to try again later.

Also suggestion for KateisLost : do you thinks its possible to add these non vanilla sapling to the mod who allow to create them ? (SaplingMakerMod) , i mean like a compatibility addon between you and the others modders ? It should help both of your mod if it can be done (and players ofc ^^).

10. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

I'm still running the older version of this mod and the Steam Spring pipe trees are dropping saplings when I cut them down, I don't think their base game code was changed in the update making it so your code for the sapling still works.

11. KateisLost

The ice ball trees will work fully once I update this, right now if I remember correctly they only work 1/2 the time because of a change in the biome file.

There should be no issues with compatibility between this mod and the SaplingMaker mod. I haven't tested the new 1.0 version of it but I used both back in the earlier days of Giraffe and they worked just fine together, so I would think they still should.

That was one of the few special trees that I thankfully didn't have to change anything with.

12. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Infact it was for know if tree who doesnt give sapling by defaut could be added to SplaingMakerMod (maybe with your help) , but infact i've see steampunk trunk in the choice list from the crafting table of the mod (and also vines and things like crystal tree) , so its ok , nevermind ^^

(and yes ofc they work together without any problem)

13. KateisLost

KateisLost updated More Saplings with a new update entry:

Updated for Starbound 1.0

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. KateisLost

15. KateisLost

16. KateisLost

17. KateisLost

18. qualiyah

qualiyah Phantasmal Quasar

Woohoo! Downloaded from dropbox; I've got a whole list of planets to go back to so I can steal their trees. Thanks for the update!

19. KateisLost

Sorry to say but any planets you have been to before installing this mod won't have their trees/saplings affected. You will have to visit all new planets to generate trees with the proper sapling drops.

20. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Or you can use the name of planet file as coordinate , go above with your ship , then deletting the planet file (you can do that without stop the game , but stay in your ship when doing this) , it'll make a new planet (when beam down) , but with same biome/structure as before as before , so in theory you'll find your tree again , and the mod should work (but it'll reset all things you have build on these planet , its a reset).