WIP More Pokemon Retextures [Updated 3-13]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by LittleNerdyOTAKU, Mar 11, 2016.

1. kyttyn

kyttyn Void-Bound Voyager

Baby ducks use the same sprite as baby white chickens.
    I personally use separate mods for my baby animals and my adult animals, so that I can easily tell when they've grown up.

• AshyMon12

AshyMon12 Void-Bound Voyager

I finally decided to put mods into my stardew game, I started off with some basic ones, and I came across this I tried to download the Monster & Animal packs. It successfully downloaded, but when I went to extract it, nothing happened. I'm using WinRar because I was told to use that, and nothing's happening. Help?

• bulbaswat

bulbaswat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Let's see if I can help. Tell me the exact steps you're taking, and I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong.

• AshyMon12

Well for the animals I did:
          1) Download
          2) Put the file in steam/steamapps/common/stardewvalley/content/animals
          3) Extracted Here.
          Nothing Happened.

Monsters:
          1) Download
          2) Put the file in steam/steamapps/common/stardewvalley/content/characters/monsters
          3) Extracted Here
          Nothing Happened.

• bulbaswat

Okay, the problem is exactly what I thought it was. Inside of those archives (the zip files) is another folder that you have to match up.
            What you'll wanna do is first, be sure you have a backup of the originals! Just copy the content folder and paste it to your desktop and name the new one "backup stardew files" or something along those lines. Then, extract the animals one INSIDE THE CONTENT FOLDER in the originals. Replace files. Finally, extract the monsters one in the characters folder. If it still doesn't work, let me know and I'll get more detailed.

• AshyMon12

Okay, so I did what you said with all the stuff I could understand, I might have gotten most wrong, so could you explain it in a different way?
              1) I reinstalled the game then made a backup folder.
              2) I reinstalled the previous mods I didnt have trouble with.
              3) Started with Animals
              > Ducks, Pigs, and Goats worked.
              4) Monsters
              > Crabs, Shadow Brute, and Iron Head worked.

Thats all I could get from the mods.

• bulbaswat

They should either all be working or none of them working at all. Not really sure what to do if only some of them are working and the others just aren't. I checked the files myself and everything mentioned in those sections should be working now. I'm afraid I don't know how to help any further from here, sorry.

• AshyMon12

Thanks for trying.

• AshyMon12

I played more, under monsters Big Slimes & Ghosts work too, but was hoping other stuff would work.

Update: Noticed Bunnies and Void Chickens are working. I believe the mod is just taking time to develop, still waiting for the reg. chickens & cows.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
                    • HiHaHi123

HiHaHi123 Orbital Explorer

Amazing!Thank you!

• sxfighter

sxfighter Void-Bound Voyager

Great stuff, but a small note (sorry it it's been addressed already); there is no Projectiles.xnb included in this mod. So for instance Spiritomb throws bones like the skeleton did still. It's an easy fix though.

• cankersaur

cankersaur Pangalactic Porcupine

All of the images seem to be broken, sadly. :(

• SilentAngel

SilentAngel Big Damn Hero

I had to switch computers and now I cant get these sprites :(