More mini-biomes

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Quillon, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Quillon

Quillon Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love mini-biomes. They give you a break from the standard planetary terrain and let you explore something new for a while! which is why I've come up with some cool, unique mini-biome ideas for all of you!

Paradise:

this biome is easily detectable with its tropical trees,
    crystalline rocks, beautiful waterfalls, and crystal-blue ponds.
    Throw in some underwater caverns and fern plants, and you have yourself a beautiful scenic detour!
    Can be found on 1 in 3 lush planets.

Mesa:

Oh yea. We're talking colorful cliffs, deep trenches, and unique rock formations. Also, just for fun,
    One in 25 mesa biomes have red cacti, because why not? Found on 1 in 2 deserts.

Giant Grass Blades

I know I've posted about it before, but that doesn't mean it's not still a good idea. It's giant grass blades!
    But it's also huge creature hives buried in the dirt. And massive dandelions that extend beyond the highest trees. Found on 1in 3 savannah planets.

Cove: Ocean planets are planets too, and deserves mini-biomes.
    Once in a while, you'll stumble across an island that's less sandy and more rocky. The biome is a mess, of sharp, jagged rocks on the surface, and cavernous tidepools in the lower areas. found on 1 in 2 Ocean planets.

Snowball fields:

Snowy areas with strange stacks of large snowballs strewn about. Not much, but cool to stumble across nonetheless. Found on almost every Snow planet.

Just friccin weird:

Just go all out on this one. have walking Trees, disembodied flying mouth. Cage-shaped creatures that put you inside of them. Just make sure that the drugs you're using are legal.
    Found on 1 in 4 mutated planets.

Super Rare: Candyland biome!
    What else needs to be said? Frosting covered terrain with whimsical chocolate hills, gumdrop rocks, lollipop trees, and naturally, something made out of caramel. Found on 1 in, say, 5000 planets. (Thank you to M_Sipher For the idea.)

That's all I've thought of so far. If anyone else has any ideas, you can post them here.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Armorine1983 and KingDragonMage like this.
  2. KingDragonMage

KingDragonMage Void-Bound Voyager

yes
    that would be amazing
    also another mini biome could be a crash field, that has lots of space debri and crashed spaceships!

3. Quillon

Quillon Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm back with some more Ideas!

Robotic Forest:

Metal trees. Metal leaves. Little robotic critters, scurrying about. A charming, yet simple detour from whatever you were doing before. Found on 1 in 3 forest or jungle planets.

Icy Volcanic:

Lava ponds. Ice. Both! Volcanic Rocks for decoration, Maybe some unique creatures to be found! Inspired by the "Frostfire" planets from Variety is the Spide of the Universe. Found on 1 in 4 tundra planets.

Volcanic Caves:

If you're actually tenacious enough to go all the way to the bottom of the lava oceans on magma worlds, you deserved some sort of prize. How about a one-of-a-kind volcanic-themed underground biome! lava pours from the ceiling above, pooling in ponds on the floors of these caves. Lava-themed trees grow in the underground, and, dare I say...
    Special furniture??? Found on all Magma planets.

KingDragonMage and Armorine1983 like this.