RELEASED More Crops Mod + Even More Crops Mod( Updated 20 / 04 )

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Killerbotto, Mar 28, 2016.

?

What would you like to see next?

1. More Crops

39.4%
  2. More Trees

22.8%
  3. More Fish

20.1%
  4. More Flowers

17.6%
  1. Syzxpkq

Syzxpkq And Do the MONKEY!

I just came up with another idea: maybe you should make some more interesting ways to get the extra seeds.
    1.get them from geodes
    2.given by other villagers as gifts, by mail
    3.by fishing or digging, just like the artifacts(or the ancient seed) do
    4.be "forageable", like blackberry and hazelnuts, then the player may turn them into seeds with a seed machine

making seeds in kitchen is the last thing i want to see in the game:nuruundead:it's so weird. what kind of TV program will teach us how to make seeds at home?

• Killerbotto

Killerbotto Orbital Explorer

I totally understand your point!! The original idea of the mod was to add all recipes by crafting, because it would be much cooler leveling up, but with every update you would have to start a new game every time. For this reason i changed the mod to work with cooking, because it is compatible with older saves
      I know it is a little weird, i will try to learn how to add the seeds by other ways, but you wouldn`t be able to get a large amount of seeds this way, because it would be a lot lucky based. The NPC mail idea may work with onion, carrot and beef because they are the seeds and the fruit itself, so you must choose what to plant and what to sell.

• Syzxpkq

Why not keep BOTH ways of getting seeds? For those who'd like to start a new game, they can have a cool experience, get the recipes while leveling up; and for those who already full-leveled, they can still get the seeds from TV programme recipes or NPC mail or something.:nuruhappy:

• Killerbotto

Just fixed the gold, red pepper and lettuce season of growth. Carrots, onions and beef are classified as seeds because they are the seed itself and the fruit, so you must choose what to replant and what to sell for profit. The lemon, banana and olive saplings graphics are working fine for me, please send screenshot, so i can better understand this issue. Cocoa and papaya saps, looks like seed packet because i didnt want to all saps looking kinda the same, but i can remake that with ease, if that is an issue. Fixed olive prices!! Thank you so much for the feedback!! Hope you enjoy the mod!!!

• Killerbotto

I tought most people would be annoyed of starting a new game with every update. The cooking/crafting sollution is temporary, I really want now to learn how to code in SMAPI to make the mod easier to install, and by doing it in SMAPI, i can add a lot more things, like machines, as proved by other mods. If i manage to convert the mod sucessfully from xnb to SMAPI the original idea of learning the crafting recipe will be back, with a lot more content!! :)

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

is it possible to change the queens sauce frequency? so you can watch that channel every day? i just dont get any recipes

• Bunkmaster

Bunkmaster Space Spelunker

Very cool work, Killerbotto. I'd love more variety in the crops I can plant, and I'd use your mod to do it. My only nitpick is the ore and meat plants, I just can't bring myself to add those >.>

I hope you figure out adding things to shops! I'm not a fan of crafting or cooking new seeds, either, lol.

• Killerbotto

Problably harcoded, but i will try to change it, while i don`t figure out a way to add seeds to shops.
                  Thak you! Planning to release a version without those, for people who dont like them. Neither am I a fan of cooking them, I`m working in finding a way to add the seeds to the shop! Hope you enjoy the mod in the meantime!

Superior_s and Bunkmaster like this.
                  • Igorious

Igorious Sandwich Man

Yes, it is :(
                    Code:
                    programs.Add("Weather Report");
                    programs.Add("Fortune Teller");
                    var dayOfWeek = Game1.shortDayNameFromDayOfSeason(Game1.dayOfMonth);
                    if (dayOfWeek == "Mon" || dayOfWeek == "Thu")
                        programs.Add("Livin' Off The Land");
                    if (dayOfWeek == "Sun")
                        programs.Add("The Queen Of Sauce");
                    if (dayOfWeek == "Wed" && Game1.stats.DaysPlayed > 7)
                        programs.Add("The Queen Of Sauce (Re-run)");

• Killerbotto

With Igoirous help, now the seeds are in the shop!!
                      Not based on lucky anymore! Since all the seeds are now on the shop!!

Bunkmaster and Trifoilum like this.
                      • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

What version of SMAPI is needed for this?

• Anderson Yagami

Anderson Yagami Void-Bound Voyager

very good idea and a nice mod , with out bacon tree and some unreal stuff lol
                          what about sugar cane for sugar ? and so on ? to keep more real ...

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

Wait, stores can have stuff added to them now? :nuruawe: This is huge! Please tell me there is a tutorial for how to do this!

And I would just like to say that I am really happy you added fun things like meat and ore plants. I don't think they're any less realistic than nature spirits, wizards, witches, fairies, dwarves, shadow creatures, aliens, mermaids, mushroom trees, and giant cauliflower. If it's going to be a dream farm simulator, it's got to have some fantastical elements to it.

Oh, and if you'd like any help with the sprites, I'm currently a freelance sprite assistant or something. Here, have a banana.
                            BananaFruit.png
                            Tree to follow, hopefully. Banana trees are hard. Well, actually they aren't very hard, which is part of the problem. They're a lot less woody and have large, sparse leaves.

Superior_s likes this.
                            • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

You could possibly use the trees from the desert as a base.

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

But those are coconut trees! :lod: Actually mostly my reason is they don't look at all like real banana trees. So I do have a growable coconut tree sprite, but I wouldn't use it for bananas. And the new one I'm working on at this very moment looks better so far, but the leaves might not occupy enough space, so it could have a fruit floating in midair problem. I'm not certain since I don't know where exactly on the tree sprites fruit can generate.

Superior_s likes this.
                                • Syzxpkq

I really love your mod and I'd like to see you learn to mod with SMAPI.
                                  I really want you to keep working on it. btw, maybe you should put a donate button in your post:nuruhappy:we'd be happy to support your work

Superior_s likes this.
                                  • Killerbotto

The latest version is always the recommended
                                    I will keep adding more crops, real and unreal ones :lickitung:. I made two versions of the mod exatcly for that reason, some people want to keep the Stardew original feeling :nod:
                                    Thanks to Igoirous, who made the code, stores can have new stuff!! Thank you for the support!! I really liked adding some silly crops to the game, for me it make it looks more funny. That is a really nice banana, do I have your permission to use it in the mod as the standart banana?? Need to find the file thst controls the tree sprites, and growth rate
                                    Thank you so much for thr feedback!! I am really glad thst you are enjoying the mod! I will try to convert the mod to SMAPI problably in July when i have a lot more freetime, because converting the full mod will be like starting from scratch. In the meantime i will continue to expand it using xnb edit. Not sure how a donate button works, or where to link it, any suggestions?

lannihamm likes this.
                                    • Vajura

Vajura Void-Bound Voyager

Killerbotto, can you post source files for this mod?

• Killerbotto

What files you want exactly?

• Bunkmaster

Bunkmaster Space Spelunker

Hey Killerbotto, great work on the mod, glad you and Igorious could work together to figure out shops. I noticed your install instructions are pretty complicated, but after checking it out it's only because you packaged loose files instead of a folder structure. So I fixed that for you. Take a look at the attached .zip if you like. When you build them this way they only need to be copied to the Stardew Valley install directory. No more manual copy - rename - delete actions :)

Thanks again for this great mod!

Attached Files: