RELEASED More Crops Mod + Even More Crops Mod( Updated 20 / 04 )

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Killerbotto, Mar 28, 2016.

?

What would you like to see next?

1. More Crops

39.4%
  2. More Trees

22.8%
  3. More Fish

20.1%
  4. More Flowers

17.6%
  1. MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

the drier is in the more Machines mod, sorry, I get the mods confused sometimes. And I think you're right about the olive's as well, it's been a while since I have played on the save where I actually have Olive trees. But I do know for a fact the cotton does work on the loom. takes 4 cotton to produce one cloth.

• prince_medion

prince_medion Void-Bound Voyager

AH thanks! I got the new machines mod now and it works, still can't make any use of the coffee grains though. One Idea I had is turning cactus in the keg into tequila.

• MoonlitBrenya

I tried both the coffee and the cactus, coffee does nada yet, and the cactus will only give cactus juice. I haven't tried any tweaking of the code, but I understand it is possible to make it happen. But to be honest, I wouldn't worry about the coffee thing yet. If the previous preview pics of the soon-to-come update are factual, then coffee should be a thing then. If memory serves, it was a keg. We shall see.

• Jim Jones

Jim Jones Void-Bound Voyager

Quick question, Mail.XNB added via this mod is interfering with the Birthday letter mod I have installed, is it relevant to the proper function of regular MCM or is it just for that one letter you get at the beginning telling you it's installed correctly?

• MoonlitBrenya

As far as I know, that's all it is, the one time "Yay, mod is installed" note. I have not received any mail pertaining to this mod other than that one. But... don't take my word, I didn't create. I would hate for you to take my word for gold and then something go wrong.

• lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

Brenya is correct, another user posted in this thread with the same concern a few months back.

• Jim Jones

Cool, people responded.
                Another question that I'm not 100% sure is the cause of this mod but it just might be, is anyone else getting an issue where they can't put Void Eggs in mayonaisse makers? Out of all my mods this is the only one that should logically have touched recipes.

• MoonlitBrenya

Hmm, I have never placed a void egg in the mayo makers... lemme load up a game and give it a try. Seems like I couldn't with vanilla, and haven't tried with the mod, lemme test real quick.

Yeah, void egg is a no go in my game, anyone else?

Edited to add, yes I have placed a void in in mayo machine before while playing vanilla. I just remembered, and I know why I blocked it, lol. Was the only one I had and had no void chicken... ahh, the early days.

• Jim Jones

Hope that's fixed in the next update, there is literally no reason to have normal chickens when you ALWAYS get gold quality Mayo from Void Eggs and they can still be used in egg based recipes, and I'm not willing to use Dino eggs for mayo or recipes since that's a downgrade in their value.

• lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

if you look here you can see what looks like void mayo in the bottom screenshot

• LibraryLass

LibraryLass Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey, will this mod be updated for 1.1 to remove coffee and make sugarcane compatible with the mill?

• Jim Jones

I was talking about next update of the mod, but I guess since 1.1 is SOON.jpg we will have to go back to unmodded games.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
                          • Balentay

Balentay Void-Bound Voyager

I hope this is updated soon! Since 1.1 didn't come out with more crops like I hoped it would, I'm eager to try this mod out!

blahblahbloop, ekffie and Acerbicon like this.
                            • Trestkon

Trestkon Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah I'd hope so too, wouldnt want coffee conflicts from the update.

EDIT: Well just tested, I don't think I'm seeing the coffee bean that was from the update, so I guess something here is overwriting some crop files in the Data folder.

ah damn wish this could be updated, but seems like it hasn't been updated since April, so would it be better just to remove the mod and revert back?

Though at the same time there's still so much crop variety in this despite the missing coffee bean from the update, lol just hard to decide on reverting or staying on this.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
                              • Alaswing

Alaswing Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Update this please : (

Snarkypie and KeroQwer like this.
                                • AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

+1

• pikachu594

pikachu594 Void-Bound Voyager

were do i put the crops.xlsx?

• blahblahbloop

blahblahbloop Void-Bound Voyager

I tried updating this on my own and the yaml files are pretty straightforward, but I think I'm stuck. Does anyone know how to change the pointers to the icons in springobjects.png or how they relate to the crops that call them? I basically moved all the new icons from this mod down a row as the update added 4 new icons. Same with crops.png, I guess.

• LibraryLass

LibraryLass Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't know myself, but if no one here does you could try asking at /r/valleymodders.

• stephanreiken

stephanreiken Pangalactic Porcupine

The icon corresponds to the item's index. While you could update the .xnb to work correctly you'd need to possibly edit and recomplie the mod that adds the seeds to Pierre's and that is no walk in the park. If you edit the .xnb to after the new items in 1.1, you have to adjust the tilesheet as such.

The growing crop object is a different story and explictly defines the location on its tilemap, so you just have to move and repoint the appropriate modded plant.