1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED More CrittersNScenery 2.0 official release

Adds new scenery and 170+ new catchable critters to various biomes

1. ThunderBird123

ThunderBird123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

ThunderBird123 submitted a new mod:

More Critters - Adds 42 (42 is the meaning of everything!!) critters to various biomes

Read more about this mod...

2. Eternalmyst

Eternalmyst Big Damn Hero

Great mod. Just a few ingame screenshots would help validity for possible-downloaders, though. Just samples, not every critter.

3. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

The idea is great. The realization, however, has some flaws. Most of them are technical. :)

1. Bunch of hidden files specific to MacOSX (.DS_Store, _MACOSX and others) that need to be deleted. This will decrease the mod's file size by half.

2. Better way to patch in the new critters. I understand you probably were using patch generator rather than wrote the code from scratch. Unfortunately, patch generators are happily replacing the whole sections rather than adding new array elements. It's bad because when CF decides to add new critters, your mod will simply remove them. So, instead of...
    Code:
    [
      {"op":"replace","path":"/spawnProfiles/0","value":{"groups":["mediumsurface1"],"extraSpawns":["greentip","blueback","sackbagcritter","bouncebagcritter", "floatbagcritter", "snooglecritter","symbiotecritter","quibblecritter","blueblipcritter"]}},
      {"op":"replace","path":"/spawnProfiles/1","value":{"groups":["mediumsurface2"],"extraSpawns":["blueback","redwing","sackbagcritter","bouncebagcritter", "floatbagcritter", "snooglecritter","symbiotecritter","quibblecritter","blueblipcritter"]}}
    ]

...you might want to write...
    Code:
    [
      { "op" : "add", "path" : "/spawnProfiles/0/extraSpawns/-", "value" : "quibblecritter" },
      { "op" : "add", "path" : "/spawnProfiles/0/extraSpawns/-", "value" : "blueblipcritter" },
      { "op" : "add", "path" : "/spawnProfiles/1/extraSpawns/-", "value" : "quibblecritter" },
      { "op" : "add", "path" : "/spawnProfiles/1/extraSpawns/-", "value" : "blueblipcritter" }
    ]

You're welcome. :3

chinu9 and Eternalmyst like this.
  4. ThunderBird123

Thanks. I'm really not into programming stuff (I tend to just copy and paste code I don't really understand.) So this helps a lot. I'll fix everything, and add some screenshots when I've got some time.

EDIT:
    I don't know how to fix the mac file problem. I can see the DS_Store, but can't get rid of it.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    MrChow likes this.
  5. ThunderBird123

6. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

You'll need to open the created archive and manually delete these files from the archive manager rather than trying to do so with basic OSX file manager.

Edit: Uh-oh, looks like forum has failed to update the file (it happens from time to time). Could you upload it to mega, mediafire or dropbox? :)

7. ThunderBird123

8. ThunderBird123

9. Adarkchylde

Adarkchylde Void-Bound Voyager

Theres a small error in your spawner.config.patch - should be " "monsterType":"goldsnooglecritter"," not goldsnogglecritter.

Love the mod :)

10. ThunderBird123

ThunderBird123 updated More Critters with a new update entry:

Hounds!

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. ThunderBird123

12. green3y3

green3y3 Pangalactic Porcupine

I like your mod as it brings flavour to the planets!

Because people also like collecting and displaying stuff, would you mind making your extra critters catchable, like in YourStarboundCrew ? They are catchable with a bugnet, dropping a placeable version of the critters.

Adarkchylde likes this.
  13. ThunderBird123

14. Adarkchylde

Adarkchylde Void-Bound Voyager

I'll second that - would love a goldcritter petcollection :3

15. Eternalmyst

Eternalmyst Big Damn Hero

Thanks for reducing spawns, there were like sooo many seagulls in my ocean village :chucklefish:

16. ThunderBird123

ThunderBird123 updated More Critters with a new update entry:

Made critters catchable

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1445224763][/DOUBLEPOST]Making all the critters catchable was extremely tedious. I hope you like them in glass tanks.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    green3y3 likes this.
  17. ThunderBird123

18. Freezair

Freezair Pangalactic Porcupine

Is this mod compatible with Your Starbound Crew? That mod adds a critter-catching net that has its own variation of the critter-catch script; do horrible things happen if you try to catch critters while both are installed?

19. ThunderBird123

I don't know, that's why I made it so vanilla critters are altered in a separate module. If it causes a problem, just remove the VanillaCritterCages folder.

20. ThunderBird123