More control over player ship

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Guest0241525, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Currently the ship is one of the most restrictive parts of the game - you can't change it, and when you do, the changes apply to the entire race.

I feel ships should be more personable and defined by the character who uses it - without the race being the absolute factor here.

My own idea for such concept involves players beginning with a Protectorate ship being used in the early game, to add to the story's flavor. After all, we just barely escaped Earth - and the ship didn't seem to really be our own. I imagine it looking somewhat similar to the one created by Flogenos for his Protectorate Ship mod.

.jpg

Still, much like we can opt out of the intro mission, character creation would include a new checkbox - "Use racial ship". That way, those who want to start with the same ship they always started with would be pretty much unaffected.

Now, onto the actual gameplay, and the actual control over the ship - I imagine ship changes being available soon after completing Erchius Mining Facility mission at Penguin Pete's. Being able to purchase ships would set a precedent that ships are assigned to characters, not race - which could consequently opened the possibilities of new ships, either alternate ship shapes, or even ships not necessarily based on any specific race at all.

Personally, I feel it would add an extra dimension to the game.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2017
    Jerln likes this.
  2. Kajnake

Kajnake Void-Bound Voyager

I need a ship layout options to be able to ride a giant dick through the galaxy and beyond :nuruawe:
    There is that mod that lets you bulid the ship from blocks, but then no matter (Ayyyy) what you do it looks uglie
    We need this in game!

3. salv

salv Space Hobo

i like this idea

4. BigBlueFish

BigBlueFish Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe we can choose what our ship would look like when we create the character maybe choosing its color shape length width etc maybe depending on your characters personality. It could also progressively better with more upgrades like what its made of what brand it is what kind of fuel it takes.

5. Brockster17

Brockster17 Phantasmal Quasar

Personally, I think this suggestion is amazing. I really want a new ship as I have beaten the game, but I have 2 save files: one I use for messing around and the other for perfection and completelion (the messing one is my main, and 2nd) and if I install a BYOS mod then both my main ship AND my beloved Yoshi ship (yes my first account uses The Amazing Yoshi Race Mod), and I don't want that.